saving pictures taken with lg ally directly to sd card

This is a discussion on saving pictures taken with lg ally directly to sd card within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Is there a way you can save the pictures taken with the ally directly to the sd card and not to the phone internal memory?...

Thread: saving pictures taken with lg ally directly to sd card

Is there a way you can save the pictures taken with the ally directly to the sd card and not to the phone internal memory?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Pictures are stored on the SD card already. No need to change any settings.

tha's funny because every time a take a picture, in Gallery it shows: my_flix, my_pics, and camera (which shows the 7 pictures I just took). I would think that if the picture is saved to the sd card the number of pictures would increaseunder the header my_pics. I now have 296 pictures under my_pics and the 7 pictures are listed under my camera; they are not added to my pics.

The camera saves pictures to the DCIM folder on the SD Card. It has sub-folders for pictures and movies. In the Gallery, "Camera" is probably the pics in that folder. The other pictures are in other folders, each of the title you give. If they are in one folder they are in the same Album in the Gallery. I move my pictures to SD Card/Media/Pictures and then use sub-folders. Each sub-folder becomes an album in the Gallery. I also link my pictures/Gallery Albums with Picasa, which is very sleek IMO. Really, check out Picasa and the Picasa3 PC Program. They are very impressive free offerings!

My_flix and My_pics sounds like the file structure of the EnvTouch. Did you use this card in another phone prior to the Ally?

yes an LG dare and all I did was plug it in. Should I do something else or in a different way. I took out the 4 gig card fron the ally, and just plugged in the card from the dare. Could you tell me the correct process to get the pictures back onto the 4gb card.

Thanks

The SD card has to be formatted to work correctly on an Android phone. Copy your data from the SD card to your pc. Format the SD card using the LG Ally to format it. Then copy your data back to the SD card.

Here is a thread that might be helpful after you format the card. http://www.lgallyforums.com/topic/70...der-structure/
    Motorola Droid 4

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links