Camera not responding

This is a discussion on Camera not responding within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Camera problem - please help When I touch my Camera App. it takes about 30 seconds and a message comes up saying: "! Sorry! Activity ...

Thread: Camera not responding

Camera problem - please help

When I touch my Camera App. it takes about 30 seconds and a message comes up saying:

"! Sorry!

Activity Camera (in application camera) is not responding.

Then I have a choice between "Force Close" or "Wait"

When I press wait it does not do anything. I have tried turning the phone off for a while but that did not help. I was hoping to use the camers during "present time" under the tree but no such luck.

Please help with my issue.

Thanks in advance.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by ZR7S-Ben View Post
    Camera problem - please help

When I touch my Camera App. it takes about 30 seconds and a message comes up saying:

"! Sorry!

Activity Camera (in application camera) is not responding.

Then I have a choice between "Force Close" or "Wait"

When I press wait it does not do anything. I have tried turning the phone off for a while but that did not help. I was hoping to use the camers during "present time" under the tree but no such luck.

Please help with my issue.

Thanks in advance.

Don't have any solutions, but my mine has been acting squirrely all day. My camera button on the side of the phone doesn't even work anymore, and it keeps force closing. Just started today.

Android Jr Member stingrayracing's Avatar
    I don't know if this applies to you or not but are you using Launcher Pro? I used it for a while and liked it until my phone started acting crazy, such as camera button not working. Through the process of elimination I deleted the Launcher Pro app and everything went back to normal. Camera started working, notifications came back. etc. I have a feeling that the phone acts like a computer; some programs conflict with others. Certain apps may be causing your phone to go wacko.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
    I don't know if this applies to you or not but are you using Launcher Pro? I used it for a while and liked it until my phone started acting crazy, such as camera button not working. Through the process of elimination I deleted the Launcher Pro app and everything went back to normal. Camera started working, notifications came back. etc. I have a feeling that the phone acts like a computer; some programs conflict with others. Certain apps may be causing your phone to go wacko.

Stingray - thanks for the info. How would I know if I'm running the Launcher Pro and then how to "dis-arm" it. Strange that the camera was working just fine yesterday and then today is when the problem started.

Android Jr Member stingrayracing's Avatar
    You would not be running it if you didn't download the app. You can go to "Running Services" to see what is running on your phone or go into the apps menu.

I use LauncherPro and I have no problems. I have tried other launchers and still like LauncherPro most. The problem could be your SD Card. I have experienced a message that my SD Card is not installed. I finally backed-up everything and formatted my card. It hasn't done it since. Well, the camera won't work without a card. So if your card "falls out," you will get a camera error message.

Sponsored Links