Facebook Comment Notifications

This is a discussion on Facebook Comment Notifications within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Alright, so I'm on FB a lot throughout every day and I would like to have it notify me of new comments on my status ...

Thread: Facebook Comment Notifications

Alright, so I'm on FB a lot throughout every day and I would like to have it notify me of new comments on my status or on another status that I commented on. I know many other phones can do it but I'm wondering if there is a way the Ally can do that as well.

Thank you for your time.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I use SMS notifications for that through Facebook. It comes as a text and not in the app. The app does send some notifications, but it seems to lag behind the SMS ones.

Interesting. Can you guide me to how I'm able to set the SMS notifications? I'm just too lazy to always go on FB to see if I have a new comment or something.

Log into Facebook and type 'mobile' into the search bar at the top. Choose 'Facebook Mobile' from the Facebook section (not the first section called apps.) Scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'edit settings.' If you have used this service before, you will see your mobile number listed. If not, plug it in. About halfway down the page, you will see the place to put your friends status that you want sent to your phone. There is also a setting to keep you from getting texts in the middle of the night.

At the top of the page in your account, also check the notifications tab. You can set up what goes to SMS. If there are some options not available for SMS, then use the email function and have the notifications sent via email and just make sure you use push email so you will get them in a timely fashion.

Hope this helps!

Go to Facebook and search "Facebook Mobile." It will send you to the page that will teach you about "Upload via E-mail," "Text a Link to my phone" and "Facebook Text Messages."

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links