receive sms split up, want it in one single message

This is a discussion on receive sms split up, want it in one single message within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Originally Posted by Jonathan13 I took the plunge and got the phone and i love it. There is one issue though- It splits up my ...

Thread: receive sms split up, want it in one single message

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan13 View Post
    I took the plunge and got the phone and i love it. There is one issue though- It splits up my received text messages so if I receive a message that is multiple pages long, it will have the call back number of the person inserted several times in the middle of the message instead of me receiving just one message. Is it possible to remove the call back number from received texts? Or possible to stop it from breaking up the texts I receive into multiple texts? Thanks guys!

This is my issue.. I went ahead and posted it in the thread i had started about whether or not to trade my droid for this phone. As it says i love the phone but I want to be able to receive long messages as one whole message instead of a message that is broken up with a callback number inserted every 160 characters. Can this be fixed?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Thank you for the link and the information. I knew about the 160 character limit and that some phones on verizon do have that limit such as the blackberry that I used to own. My real question is why does my ally do this for the messages received when my droid did not? I assumed that it would work the same since they both run android software. Also I have no issue with SENDING messages in excess of 160 characters, but rather the issue is only with receiving them. In addition there is no problem with not getting the text at all or part of it missing, but that it splits the incoming message and im stuck reading a long message with a callback number stuck periodically throughout the message. I was hoping that I would be able to change this within the message settings or in the Handcent SMS settings but I cannot. I also have found no app or "fix" for this. I just really do not understand why my droid never had this type of issue but this ally does when it is almost the same phone software wise.

Do you think if I rooted and tried out the velocity 0.4 rom that it would fix this? I'm thinking unfortunately not because it seems like a hardware thing since it has android just like my droid 1 did but it does this and my droid did not. Could it be the "skin" that LG applied to the ally that is causing this? In which case rooting it and using the velocity rom would more than likely fix this issue.

I wouldn't flash another ROM now. We are going to get Froyo in February (so they say).

Quote Originally Posted by marioval View Post
    I wouldn't flash another ROM now. We are going to get Froyo in February (so they say).

I think this is the member who gets an upgrade in February so he is just testing the waters.

I wouldn't flash any ROM either, but it is your phone. I just don't know if it would help with getting texts longer than 160 characters.

Did you contact VW? Maybe there is more information in a Motorola Droid forum?

I have not contacted verizon. I actually basically got kicked out of the local store because I made a manager angry by "asking too many questions". I wish there was a reliable pre-paid carrier that offered unlimited everything. I would switch to Straight Talk immediately if they had a better selection of phones. I think I will probably hold off on flashing the ROM so that I know all will be in good working order when I sell the phone in Feb. So far I have just demanded that all of my friends remove their callback number which is working well.

I think having your friends remove their cb number is the only way to correct it.

I just got a text from my sister and it had the callback number in multiple places. I have never used anything but the default msg app and have not changed any settings since the last upgrade.
    Motorola Droid 4

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links