Double text messages (non-app related)

This is a discussion on Double text messages (non-app related) within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I'm wondering if anyone else is having the problem of getting double texts? And knows why & how to fix it. My friend & I ...

Thread: Double text messages (non-app related)

I'm wondering if anyone else is having the problem of getting double texts? And knows why & how to fix it. My friend & I are having the same issue with our Allys. We are both using the standard (default) text message. We are not using any other text messaging app.

My friend has had to factory reset her phone 3 times in the past 2 months for various reasons. I have never factory reset my phone. She called Verizon a few days ago & the Verizon rep told her she didn't know of a reason as to why she was getting texts twice. The only thing the rep could offer was that maybe my friend might have a corrupt mini sd card. The mini sd card she is using is the one Verizon included w/ her Ally. So is Verizon giving us corrupt sd cards??

I was using my 2gb mini sd that was in my old Voyager (also straight from Verizon). (I got my Ally about a week after it was released so the Verizon store where I got my phone from didn't have the equipment to port my info from the Voyager to the Ally.) I just switched out my 2gb mini sd for the 4gb that came w/ my Ally & I'm still getting double texts. (ARG!!!!!) It is happening when we get texts from anyone on any service.

Any tips, instructions, or ideas anyone has would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The SD card has nothing to do with text messaging so that would not be what is causing the problem.

Have you tried *228 Option 2 to update your PRL?
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    The SD card has nothing to do with text messaging so that would not be what is causing the problem.

Have you tried *228 Option 2 to update your PRL?

Oddly enough, the double text messages stopped when I took my SD card out before. But I can't not have an SD card in my phone. I need to keep certain pics & stuff that the internal memory can't hold.

Actually every couple of months I do the *228. Now that you mention it, the double texts started around the same time I did that. Maybe that's just a weird coincidence?

I guess I can try doing it again & see if that stops it, or if it triples my incoming texts.

Thank you for the quick response.

Happy New Year!

I did the *228 and thought it had fixed the issue, but sadly it didn't. I'm still getting double text messages.

Any other ideas?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links