Black Screen?

This is a discussion on Black Screen? within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Hi, Last night, while in NYC for new year's, my phone died. Now, I did not do anything crazy to my phone..it was not dropped, ...

Thread: Black Screen?

Hi,

Last night, while in NYC for new year's, my phone died. Now, I did not do anything crazy to my phone..it was not dropped, splashed, stepped on, etc. It was merely in my purse for a few hours. Now, when I try and turn my phone on, it turns on fine. The LED light says I have messages, but the screen is completely black! I can still receive messages, and as far as I can tell, the touch screen still works because I can feel it when I unlock it. I have tried multiple times to take the battery out, let it sit, and turn it on again but to no avail! There is no water damage, as the little indicator in the back isn't red. But there is absolutely no light or anything visible on the screen. Any clue?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

I am having the same trouble. It has happened to me a few times now. This last time it happened the phone made a sound almost like my weather radio... and then went blank. The phone still works - I even answered a phone call! But the phone call was cut short. While the screen is blank it seems to continually send me notifications of some kind, too. It seems to work for a day or two and then go back to this. I'm about ready to take it to Verizon.

i also seem to be having a similar problem. used my ally with no problems yesterday, charged it over night and now im staring at a black screen. after startup there are notification lights, sounds, and vibration so the device seems to be functioning normally, again with the exception of having no display. there is very dim blue lighting that will appear when trying to unlock but i continue to have no luck. should i begin to assume my ally is shot???

I have the same problem but the screen does work while the slide is open so the phone is still usable. It is very frustrating since i have had this phone for less than two weeks and have not damaged it in any way. Are there any know causes or fixes of this?

Also if this isn't easily fixable is verizon at all helpful in getting the situation rectified?

I haven't had any problems until lately...when making a call...just after I hit the phone symbol, my screen goes black....I can't use my password for voicemail unless I open the slider and use it then....and have to use the end button to end the call.....

Quote Originally Posted by oldcoot View Post
    I haven't had any problems until lately...when making a call...just after I hit the phone symbol, my screen goes black....I can't use my password for voicemail unless I open the slider and use it then....and have to use the end button to end the call.....

Your issue sounds like the proximity sensor is blocked or damaged. Did you add any screen covers to the phone? If so, make sure that the prox-sensor is not blocked (it is at the top of the phone just to the right of the Verizon logo. If it isn't blocked, I would say take it into Verizon and have them look at it.

For all the others, if you only have a black screen and can't see anything, take the phone to Verizon.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Your issue sounds like the proximity sensor is blocked or damaged. Did you add any screen covers to the phone? If so, make sure that the prox-sensor is not blocked (it is at the top of the phone just to the right of the Verizon logo. If it isn't blocked, I would say take it into Verizon and have them look at it.

For all the others, if you only have a black screen and can't see anything, take the phone to Verizon.

Does the black screen indicate a bad LCD if it's not the sensor? I don't have a warranty and can replace the LCD myself, if that will fix it. Thanks!

That I don't know. I would still take it to Verizon and let them determine ehat is wrong with it. Then take it back homw and fix it yourself if it is something you think you can handle.
    Motorola Droid 4

My Phone is having the same issue 2 months after the warranty was up imagine that. Talk to Verizon they said that it was a problem with the phone and that there was nothing they could do about it. They said go talk to LG. After talking to LG they said that they would be willing to look at the phone for $45 and then tell me how much it was going to be to fix it. My phone is 14 months old its not like its that old. I have taken very good care of it and this happens.

What the hell LG what ever happen to standing behind your product. I am not the only one who is having this problem and i bet there are a lot of people who are having the same problem and don't leave commits. Time to do a recall or repair this reoccurring problem for free for people or provide people with a trouble shooting site where they can find out the problem and do the repair themselves. at the very least you should have the phone set up so that your carriers can find out the problem for your customers. When i took it in to the Verizon store they said that LG turned off that feature, that it was on older models, but was not on any of the new models.

Ads