Prepaid

This is a discussion on Prepaid within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Is there anyway I can possibly hack the phone and make it prepaid?...

Thread: Prepaid

Is there anyway I can possibly hack the phone and make it prepaid?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

No hack required. Phone can be used as is on a prepaid account, such as Verizon prepaid or a Verizon MVNO. I use mine on Page Plus on a pay as you go prepaid account.

Now, if you want to use it on another prepaid CDMA carrier like Boost or Metro PCS, the phone would need to be programmed to work on those carriers.

Thanks alot! But how would I go about setting it up so it would be prepaid, and how much a month would it cost me?

Quote Originally Posted by Mal_25 View Post
    Thanks alot! But how would I go about setting it up so it would be prepaid, and how much a month would it cost me?

some info on the Verizon Wireless site

Setting it up on prepaid depends on a few things. If you are using the phone on a post-paid account, it is likely that you are under contract if you received it as a "free upgrade" or "free or subsidized" with a new account. Getting a new phone through Verizon usually locks you in to a two year contract. To get out of a Verizon contract requires paying a prorated Early Termination Fee ($350 for smart phones). You will have to check your account to see if you are under contract, or are month-to-month (out of contract). If you are out of contract, all you have to do is port the phone to a prepaid carrier that allows the device on their network. Page Plus is an example of a carrier that allows the device, but considers it "unsupported". That means that the phone will work, but they will not provide any assistance if you have any issues.

I purchased my phone used off of Craigslist, so I own the phone and it is not tied to any Verizon account. As far as how much you will spend on a prepaid account, that is dependent on what you want to use the phone for. I mainly use voice and texts, so I purchased a standard pay-as -you-go $80 prepaid card that charges 4 cents a minute for voice and 8 cents per text. I am a very minimal user, so the $80 card will easily last me a year. I disabled data on my phone and only use Wifi for browsing, downloading apps and updates. Page Plus offers many different calling plans, such as for power texters or mobile data users. It's nice not being under contract and being able to pay for just what you want to use.

I really don't understand their plans. I saw one on their site that is $64.99 for monthly access. And that's for 450 anytime minutes. Does that mean it's going to cost me $64.99 every month from now on just to have service on my phone? I won't even use that much. I guarantee at least 400 of those minutes will roll over.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links