Cannot install lg ally on computer

This is a discussion on Cannot install lg ally on computer within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Hey i need help, i cannot install my lg ally on my computer every time the wizard comes up it keeps saying that it cannot ...

Thread: Cannot install lg ally on computer

Red face

Hey i need help, i cannot install my lg ally on my computer every time the wizard comes up it keeps saying that it cannot find the software, so i looked for it i searched every where and i cant find it i need to install it so i can use the PDAnet app. i also have usb debugging on. please help me with this problem. i even tried doing this with my windows 7 computer and still it cannot find it. if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

i might be able to help if i knew what installing a phone on a computer meant...are you just trying to put music and stuff on it?

Quote Originally Posted by amazinz5 View Post
    i might be able to help if i knew what installing a phone on a computer meant...are you just trying to put music and stuff on it?

No... Install it... when you turn debugging mode on you are promt to install it so that whenever you plug it in it automatically knows what it is so that the pdanet can run through the phone and the computer... like whenever you plug in a flash drive it install on your computer,,,, and no i dont want to mount my sd card. im having problems with pdanet because i cant even install my phone on any of my computers

installing like when you plug in a new mouse you have to wait for it to install for it to work? you understand what im saying?

I think you are talking about Drivers. There is are pinned thread about Drivers in the Hacking & Development section that might help.

I am stuck!

I have an ally on page plus and want to root my phone. I know how to root but have obstacles/this phone! and Page Plus which programmed no data cos it is not a pp phone.

Believe it or not, I can take a PC or laptop apart and put it back together, but I am stumped and need help!

Being female, I am not afraid to ask...LOL

The battery life is horrible and there r tons of apps I will never even open!

I looked at the list of what was running and there is no wonder my phone dies after a couple of hours.

I am not an inet phone user. I have a PC at work and one at home and as a rule there are no inet emergencies in between and I dont have time to play on my phone.

PP does not give me data since it was not a PP phone but programmed to PP. So I can not browse and download universal androot and titanium etc.

So I saved it to my SD card to download to my phone.

I can not even access my pictures on my SD card much less the apps. Most phones will give you the option to use memory card as memory and you can access your card memory

NOT THIS ONE!

My computer is not recognizing the phone and/my pc/so i am having problems saving to my computer then downloading to my phone via usb cable.

I am about to throw in the towel and go back to my old phone where all was easy...an lg vx9900....i simply selected card memory and it was a cinch to transfer info btw card and phone

Does anyone know how to de-isolate my phone so I can come to the land of the living? LOL

I need to either access the memory card where my stuff is saved, or access my computer to download apps to erase the multitude of apps that came with my phone so it will run for 3 hours without dying!

Just call me pitiful! or call me nuttin at all!

I also have the computer wizard pop up and say it can not find my ally

I need it to download apps to remove apps on my phone that are literally killing my battery life!

That is not how Apps are removed. Use Manage Applications in settings, or try the Market > Menu > My Apps > uninstall.

I use my Ally on Page Plus. Data function has not been disabled on my phone. Usually, to disable data you must request this through PP's customer service. My phone is also rooted. Depending on the current operating system revision on your phone, universal androot may not work. Check settings>about phone>scroll down to SW Version. If the SW Version is VS740ZVB or VS740ZVC, universal androot will not work. To root with either of these versions, try z4root. I could only get z4root 1.3 to work on mine. I have not uninstalled any factory apps yet. My battery lasts a couple of days easy, but I'm a very light user.

I have a problem sort of like this. Except my phone will recognize (usb screen pops up, mount?, unmount?, etc...) my laptop, but not my desktop. Does anyone know if there is a particular reason for this?

Has your desktop been updated with the correct Driver?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links