Apps stuck installing

This is a discussion on Apps stuck installing within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; You will only lose data that was saved to the phone's memory. If it stores your data online or on the SD card, it will ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apps stuck installing

You will only lose data that was saved to the phone's memory. If it stores your data online or on the SD card, it will be there when you reinstall the app.
    Motorola Droid 4

Android Lurker minroon@yahoo.com's Avatar
    So is there a way to move apps to the sd card to save their information?

Thanks for your help!

I'm not ready to do a factory reset. I will wait to see how much it's draining the battery first. Maybe if the 2.2 update comes soon enough I can wait it out. That should release whatever is hung up. Does anyone have any other ideas?

I've had some apps say they were still installing, but in reality, they were done. Is it still saying installing in the notification bar? If so, touch it and it should take you to the app in the market. Also, have you checked your SD card for a folder that it downloaded to? If so, delete it and see if that fixes the hang.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak8s View Post
    I've had some apps say they were still installing, but in reality, they were done. Is it still saying installing in the notification bar? If so, touch it and it should take you to the app in the market. Also, have you checked your SD card for a folder that it downloaded to? If so, delete it and see if that fixes the hang.

I cleared the notifications, so no. I can long touch the "download" and get a menu that only gets me to the app page in the market. The place where there should be an option to cancel or uninstall is grayed out but says installing. I went through my card today (mainly to make sure what was on it in case I did a factory reset) and didn't see it.

I also went to a 3rd party app market (first time ever) and had them email me a link to download the same download. I was thinking maybe I could push it through. Stupid, I know. The link just took me to the same page in the market where it's stuck. Maybe if I put it in a pillowcase & tumble it in the dryer....

Frustrating!

Here is another thought...was the app pretty large and were you low on space? How much room is left on your phone? Maybe you were running out of room to install. Maybe as a test, delete some of your lesser used apps and see if that helps. I dunno...just throwing it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak8s View Post
    Here is another thought...was the app pretty large and were you low on space? How much room is left on your phone? Maybe you were running out of room to install. Maybe as a test, delete some of your lesser used apps and see if that helps. I dunno...just throwing it out there.

Thanks! I tired that too. I deleted everything I rarely use. I have a lot or room (phone's not in front of me to say how much...) Still hung up! Android market actually got back to me too said to do a factory reboot. Not quite ready for that! Still waiting for that magical option to come from one of you! : )

Just wanted to update. My 'Market' app just updated itself. It looks totally different and the menu button has slightly different options. The button that used to say "downloads" now says "my apps". Whatever was pushed fixed my problem!

Funny, the app that was' installing' for the last few days isn't installed. I'm tempted to try it again...NOT!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links