Apps stuck installing

This is a discussion on Apps stuck installing within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I updated some apps and also downloaded a live wallpaper. They were all stuck "installing" I was able to uninstall the updates and they are ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apps stuck installing

Android Lurker minroon@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I updated some apps and also downloaded a live wallpaper. They were all stuck "installing" I was able to uninstall the updates and they are gone. The livewallpaper is still stuck in the downloads section of the market. I have tried everything I can thing of to get rid of it. I don't see anywhere to uninstall it or stop the download. Some of the answers I have found (for other phones) say to log out of your account. How do I do this? Any other ideas on how to get rid of this? This also doesn't show under wallpapers or in the apps settings.

Thanks for any help!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Have you tried turning the phone off and then back on?
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Have you tried turning the phone off and then back on?

Yes, I have also removed the battery & sd card. Someone said to try logging out of my google account from a computer. Nothing is working.

Hmm, that always works for me when an app gets stuck.

I don't know how logging in and out on a pc would help unless the issue is with the market and not your phone.

Maybe someone else will know a solution.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Hmm, that always works for me when an app gets stuck.

I don't know how logging in and out on a pc would help unless the issue is with the market and not your phone.

Maybe someone else will know a solution.

LOL! I don't know how that would work either but it seemed harmless!

So you need to know how to log out of Google? Open Google.com and hit Log Out.

Did you try Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Market > Clear cache?

Have you tried long-touching the downloading App to see if a Menu opens? Or going to the Apps Market page again to Cancel Download?

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    So you need to know how to log out of Google? Open Google.com and hit Log Out.

Did you try Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Market > Clear cache?

Have you tried long-touching the downloading App to see if a Menu opens? Or going to the Apps Market page again to Cancel Download?

I have tried through settings. I get as far as Manage applications. I don't have an "app" in there for the Market. Is there another way to clear the cache?

When I long touch the download a menu opens. I can press 'details'. It takes me to the app page where the download bar is greyed out at the top and there is a button on the bottom (where uninstall or cancel would be) that says "Installing..." The button is greyed out and can't be pressed.

I did find the "market" under managing apps by changing the filter. I cleared the cache and used force stop. Still no luck... It's really sucking my battery too!

Any other ideas?

A restart usually fixes things like this. If not, leave the battery out a few minutes. Then the only thing left is a Factory Reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    A restart usually fixes things like this. If not, leave the battery out a few minutes. Then the only thing left is a Factory Reset.

A factory reset is like starting from scratch, I loose all data for apps/games (dang Angry Birds!)...correct?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links