2.2.1 to 2.1

This is a discussion on 2.2.1 to 2.1 within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; was with my son today when his ally was automatically sent the update and his phone was ,according to him, way faster. my ally,still waiting...he ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2.2.1 to 2.1

was with my son today when his ally was automatically sent the update and his phone was ,according to him, way faster. my ally,still waiting...he did later tell me he transferred some files to sdcard with that option and tried the new app that was installed for finding wifi hotspots for linking pc and said it worked great and also had the set up for security so thats a nice little feature....sure hope its not all bad

Any of you use Launcher Pro? I switched from Launcher Pro to the normal theme and it did seem laggy. Runs like a champ with Launcher Pro though.

Oh, and the author of Launcher Pro is rewriting the entire theme and says when it's released it'll all run way better than it does currently.

Okay, did a second Factory Reset last night.

1. I left the phone off the charger and after 8 hours am still sitting at 96% battery. This is a huge improvement over the first factory reset.

2. My Cells Standby is still at 75% with a TWS at 50%. This would indicate that I now have the 50% bug which I did not have before the upgrade. (I have not yet tried any of the methods get rid of the bug but since my battery life was not harmed by it I am not going to worry about it.)

3. Right now the OS is operating without any lag but I am running it stock without having made any setting changes or installing any apps from the market.

I have a theory that the lag started once I started moving apps to the SD Card so before I start doing that again I am going to do what AK8s suggested and reformat the SD Card first.

Also, I have started documenting my upgrade to Android 2.2 on my www.allyandroid.com website so check it out under Tips if you are interested. Just keep in mind that it is a work in progress but it has some neat screenprints.
    Motorola Droid 4

Before moving apps to the SD card, I would recommend going to the market page for each app to make sure there aren't any conflicts listed with doing so in the app description.

My phone did OTA last night and it came with it's own Factory Reset. Nothing I had before was there. I even had to activate. I did A FR anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak8s View Post
    Before moving apps to the SD card, I would recommend going to the market page for each app to make sure there aren't any conflicts listed with doing so in the app description.

I am also wondering if we need to upgrade our SD Card to a higher class. Some Class 4 SD Cards may not be able to handle the extra requirements to run apps off of it. I might look around for a Class 6.
    Motorola Droid 4

My friend has a Samsung (intercept I believe) and usually when you move the app to SD, the 'move to phone' option appears in it's place. She moved Browser to SD and the option to move it back was greyed out. So use caution if you are thinking about moving the browser over. Just an FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    I have a theory that the lag started once I started moving apps to the SD Card so before I start doing that again I am going to do what AK8s suggested and reformat the SD Card first.

I followed Ak8s suggestion to format SD card also even after doing a factory reset the first time and 2.2.1 was working fine.

I hadn't formated my SD card since I got the phone and there was remnents of stuff on the SD card from installing and uninstalling dozens of apps so I had no idea what to erase or wanted to take the time to figure out what to erase, so I just nuked it.

So after starting over and doing another factory reset and SD card format 2.2.1 is running great and I have much more room on my SD card and freed up another 25mb of internal memory than I did when only doing a factory reset after the update.

My stock Browser does not offer to go to the SD. Move to SD is grayed out. That makes more sense to me than not allowing any App to move back to the phone. If the Browser cannot be deleted I strongly doubt it can be sent to the SD Card.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links