2.2.1 to 2.1

This is a discussion on 2.2.1 to 2.1 within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Just did the update on the PC to bring my Ally to 2.2.1 and I hate it. It literally crawls through screens and its just ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2.2.1 to 2.1

Just did the update on the PC to bring my Ally to 2.2.1 and I hate it. It literally crawls through screens and its just so slow. I was able to play Angry birds and fruit ninja without a problem on 2.1 but with froyo its stutters and lags right along. I did a factory reset to see if that would help with no success. Any ideas on what I can do? I thought it was supposed to be better but in my case it made it worse.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Mine also lags all the time but I haven't yet found a way to fix it.
    Motorola Droid 4

dbx
    same here... got update this morning...phone is soooo slow now

Most suggestions seem to be if you are having problems after the update, do a factory reset. The update doesn't wipe your cache and\or data before updating and a factory reset is supposed to force the wipe that should be done before any update. Worth a shot I guess.

And to answer the original question. I think once you go to 2.2.1, you can't go back to 2.1. Something about the bootloader getting changed with the update.

Joe, I always do a Factory Reset after an update and this time was no exception. My lag time on this phone now is horrible. I am going to attempt a second FR tonight.
    Motorola Droid 4

Where are you having lag Ally? Changing apps? Making calls? What part of the phone is laggy?

Pretty much all of it. If I close an app, the icons on the home screen won't show up and none of the buttons will work for anywhere from 10 to 15 seconds. (I timed it)

If I am using an app like the browser, Angry Birds, and World War, where you can slide the screen, the screen will barely move. I will touch the screen again thinking maybe I didn't use the right pressure. That only makes it worse and I have to sit and wait for something to open. With the browser, it will open another window and then I have to go back to the page I was on.
    Motorola Droid 4

I wonder if you can force the update again from LG. Maybe someone got screwy in the transfer.

I don't think that is possible. Others in the other thread, there are way too many btw, are having the same issues.

It's not possible. Tried to do another update and it tells me my software is up to date.
    Motorola Droid 4

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    I did the update earlier today. I didn't use official channels to get it because I wanted root, though I am not experiencing any lag issues. The only problem I've had is when my touchscreen stopped working. Had to pull the battery and restart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links