Newest Verizon Update - Charge Problems?

This is a discussion on Newest Verizon Update - Charge Problems? within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Hi all: This morning I installed whatever the newest update to the phone's software is (for Verizon). After the updates were finished installing and the ...

Thread: Newest Verizon Update - Charge Problems?

Hi all:

This morning I installed whatever the newest update to the phone's software is (for Verizon). After the updates were finished installing and the phone reset itself, I plugged in to charge. The red charge status light came on in the corner as usual, so I didn't pay any further attention. When I went to unplug the phone after an hour or so, I noticed that the phone was still in the red battery zone. Plugged back in, and again the light in the corner came on, but the phone didn't register that power was connected - it still reads 'connect your charger.'

Is this likely a problem witht he software update that I installed, or is it a problem with the battery?

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

That's tough to say. When you plug it in, on the lock screen, it shoud say Charging (##%) with the ## being how much charge the battery has. If full, it will now tell you it is full and to unplug to save energy.
    Motorola Droid 4

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. I scouted around and found some reports that indicated that after the update, the phone won't charge with any kind of charger that isn't an LG/Android charger. I had been using a charger that came with my bluetooth and it had been working fine until after the update. I finally was able to track down the car charger that came with the phone and tried it, and it works.

Bummer, because the other one had a much longer cord....

Hope this helps.

--lyn

What frustrates me is that the charger that came with my phone and says LG on it doesn't work! My car charger works and its a generic brand that I bought years ago. So I'm not feeling confident that a new LG charger will solve the problem.

Both the car charger and the wall plug in charger that came with the phone work for me. It was only the one for my bluetooth (made by a different manufacturer) that didn't work.

I agree -- your issue is apparently a different one.

--lyn

my lg charger didnt work last night. its charging very slowly right now.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links