Problem with Activation

This is a discussion on Problem with Activation within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I restored my phone to factory settings I think its called a hard reset or something. When i turned my phone on i followed the ...

Thread: Problem with Activation

Problem with Activation

I restored my phone to factory settings I think its called a hard reset or something. When i turned my phone on i followed the on screen walkthough untill the part where you have to call a number in order to activate your phone. When I called the number it said the activation failed and then it took me to a screen that says problem with activation...programing unsuccessful please call customer service. I called customer service and as always they couldnt understand my problem at all and were of no help. I was hoping someone could tell me what to do.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by xMDballer View Post
    I restored my phone to factory settings I think its called a hard reset or something. When i turned my phone on i followed the on screen walkthough untill the part where you have to call a number in order to activate your phone. When I called the number it said the activation failed and then it took me to a screen that says problem with activation...programing unsuccessful please call customer service. I called customer service and as always they couldnt understand my problem at all and were of no help. I was hoping someone could tell me what to do.

Just redo the Factory Reset again. At this point, it only takes a couple of minutes to get back to the part where you have to call to activate the phone.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Just redo the Factory Reset again. At this point, it only takes a couple of minutes to get back to the part where you have to call to activate the phone.

I tried that it just repeated the message

Just keep trying, i had the same problem earlier today, it worked the 4th or 5th time, needs a good signal for it to be fully programmed

For some reason after I did a reset to my phone I never had to do the programming again.

You do not have to activate again though you will be prompted after each Factory Reset. To bypass the activation, at the screen where the Android is center asking you to touch him to begin, instead touch the corners top left, top right, bottom right, bottom left. This should take you straight to the Home Screen. You can always go back to Activation by dialing *228.

However, once activation didn't work for me I just tried again. I agree that it is just a connectivity issue. I set my phone down and use speaker for things like this so I am sure that I don't move and cause my phone to switch channels mid update.

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    You do not have to activate again though you will be prompted after each Factory Reset. To bypass the activation, at the screen where the Android is center asking you to touch him to begin, instead touch the corners top left, top right, bottom right, bottom left. This should take you straight to the Home Screen. You can always go back to Activation by dialing *228.

However, once activation didn't work for me I just tried again. I agree that it is just a connectivity issue. I set my phone down and use speaker for things like this so I am sure that I don't move and cause my phone to switch channels mid update.

so, I dactory restored my Lg ally and i can't activate it. When i try, it says activation successful and restarts the phone, but when it turns back on its back to the activation screen. i tried to activate it about 6 times, any ideas whats wrong with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mangofetus View Post
    so, I dactory restored my Lg ally and i can't activate it. When i try, it says activation successful and restarts the phone, but when it turns back on its back to the activation screen. i tried to activate it about 6 times, any ideas whats wrong with it?

Did you try to bypass the activation by touching the corners as I described? Did you try to call *228 and choose option 2 to update your towers?

I'm having the same problem..

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar324 View Post
    Did you try to bypass the activation by touching the corners as I described? Did you try to call *228 and choose option 2 to update your towers?
    I tried everything you said throughout this thread. I even contacted the people at customer service who gave me a bunch of codes that didn't work. I'm thinking maybe I did something wrong. Could you please respond with step by step instructions to activate my Verizon ally after a hard reset. The phone worked before I did the hard reset, and now it's like it was never activated at all. I need to fix this problem ASAP, as I am in the middle of looking for work right now. My WI FI works but I can't place or recieve calls or texts right now...WTF????

Welcome to the site Karebear, just to remind you this thread is now four years old. Previous poster most likely won't see this.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links