Trouble with Froyo and Lost Connectivity

This is a discussion on Trouble with Froyo and Lost Connectivity within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Since switching to Froyo the biggest issue I have is my phone locking up when switching airplane mode off/on or when turning wifi on/off. It ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble with Froyo and Lost Connectivity

Since switching to Froyo the biggest issue I have is my phone locking up when switching airplane mode off/on or when turning wifi on/off. It looks like 3g is working but if I go to make a call or send a text it just hangs there and I can't end the call. Last time it actually made my phone act like it wasn't even activated. Restarting the phone fixes the problem...wtf???

Noticed every time it has happened I was around 30% battery left also...gonna try factory reset and formatting my SD card to see if it helps, will post results!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

So yesterday afternoon I stopped receiving texts and maybe calls. This morning I sent a text that didn't seem to go through, so I rebooted the phone, and everything came through. This evening it happened again. Rebooting seems to re-establish whatever connection that was lost. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yeah, check out Troubles with froyo post...in general discussion

Noticed a couple others with the same problem, I used the LG update, how did you update? LG or OTA thru Verizon???

I merged the topics. More to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    I merged the topics. More to come.

Uh huh, So you were talking about me!!! Lol...I was hoping someone would do this after seeing all the different posts, Now if we can just find a solution. So far I did a factory reset, formatted my sd card and haven't put any apps back yet, Once I get down around 30% battery if it doesnt happen again I will start adding apps again.

Thanks, guys! There's just so much to wade through after the Froyo update that I got completely lost and didn't know where to start looking.

I updated OTA through Verizon. I haven't tried a factory reset yet, because, frankly, it scares me. Perhaps I'll dig around and try it this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by chinacat120 View Post
    Thanks, guys! There's just so much to wade through after the Froyo update that I got completely lost and didn't know where to start looking.

I updated OTA through Verizon. I haven't tried a factory reset yet, because, frankly, it scares me. Perhaps I'll dig around and try it this weekend.

Well that rules out it being from lg or Verizon since its both. As far as the factory reset its nothing really, just make sure your contacts are backed up in gmail and write down which apps you have since it will erase them. Also, if you could, list which apps you have on here to see if maybe we can narrow it down to one that we have in common. Thanx...

Off topic but I just noticed since the last Factory reset, I now am back to the old style Market...Hmmm???

I received the update Friday morning and from that point on, have been having problems ever since. After the update, the phone wasn't receiving the calls when someone would place call, unable to send or receive texts. The bad thing is that I never knew when the phone was going to work or not!! Removing the battery was a temporary fix....then it would start doing the same thing again. I thought I was smart, took the phone to the local Verizon store and the nice technician ordered me a replacement phone. Phone came in last night, we put the old battery and card in, tried to activate the phone and had to get help with technical support 3 times last night to get the phone to work. I thought everything was fine and then realized the phone is doing the exact same thing that my old phone did!!!! How frustrating.... called Verizon today and they want to send a replacement phone to replace the replacement phone AGAIN! Has anyone else experienced this same problem after the update last week? If so, have you have any success in fixing the problem? Any advice is appreciated!

Try searching first, there is a thread in help about this...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links