Wifi problems since froyo update

This is a discussion on Wifi problems since froyo update within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Hi All, Since receiving the 2.2 update Saturday I notice that my wifi disconnects and shows my network as "disabled" and I have to constantly ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wifi problems since froyo update

Hi All,

Since receiving the 2.2 update Saturday I notice that my wifi disconnects and shows my network as "disabled" and I have to constantly reconnect manually. Anyone have any idea what's going on? My home network is secured and available, but my phone shows it as disabled. I've done a reset on the phone, same problem. It remembers the pass key and will sign on once I've told it to connect. I also have set it to never disconnect in the advance settings so not sure why it disconnects overnight and makes me reconnect manually.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Wondering if anyone else is having this problem and if anyone can help me with it. I updated to froyo last saturday nigt via OTA. Today is the first time i have tried to use wifi since the update. It says "unable to connect, connection failed, check network settings". It is connected to my wireless network at home. I had no problems before the update, just since the update. Hopefully someone can help me with this issue. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Did you start from scratch, delete the old network and create a new one?

I'm having a similar problem. Before the update my phone would automatically connect to any wifi network that I had saved in my phone. It won't do it any more. Every time I am out of range and then come back to a wifi network I have to manually reconnect. Is there a solution to this problem?

I didnt see an option to delete. I just turned on the wifi and it showed my network so i clicked on it and typed in the password, it connected to my network and when i went on the browser it just said network connection error.

im not having a problem connecting to my network, it connects no problem, i just cant get on the net even though it is connected

Long-Touch the Network information and "Forget" it.

In advanced settings (hit Menu), ensure "Use Static IP" is NOT checked. (Wi-Fi Sleep Policy is where you can set WiFi to Never, too).

Now connect again and re-enter your Network Info. If you don't see your SSID touch Add Wi-Fi Network.

You may need a power cycle if it does not work immediately.

crome, are you sure your Router/Firewall is not interpreting this software version as a new device that needs permission?

There's an app called WiFinder that might help. I used it before the update.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    Long-Touch the Network information and "Forget" it.

In advanced settings (hit Menu), ensure "Use Static IP" is NOT checked. (Wi-Fi Sleep Policy is where you can set WiFi to Never, too).

Now connect again and re-enter your Network Info. If you don't see your SSID touch Add Wi-Fi Network.

You may need a power cycle if it does not work immediately.

crome, are you sure your Router/Firewall is not interpreting this software version as a new device that needs permission?

Did everythig you suggested and powered on and off and tried again and WA-LA it worked. Thanks alot for your help Quasar. Greatly appreciated

I've deleted "forget" the network. I even did a factory reset on the phone which wiped it. It is still consistently disconnecting from the wifi and saying it's available but "Disabled".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links