How to save pics from a text? Long-touch not working

This is a discussion on How to save pics from a text? Long-touch not working within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I have several pictures I've received in text messages and would like to save them to my gallery. I touch & hold the pic and ...

Thread: How to save pics from a text? Long-touch not working

I have several pictures I've received in text messages and would like to save them to my gallery. I touch & hold the pic and I see a quick glimpse of some options but they disappear almost instantly. Same thing when I use the menu button. Any clue as to what I'm doing wrong?

~ TB

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This is the topic I was looking for as well. I've pushed all sorts of buttons, but apparently NOT the right one. I can't even seem to be able to forward them. Can anybody help? Thanks.

I was really hoping someone here would have some helpful input. Anybody? Help.

I very rarely receive images in texts. If you can view the image have you tried long-touching the picture when it is opened?

There was also a very old post that suggested you must long-touch on the message and not the image, but I am not sure if this is relevant.

I am not sure why the menu would flash for a milli-second unless you have a default App set. What App are you using to view the picture? To clear default Apps use Manage Applications. Those Apps set as a default will have "Clear defaults" highlighted.

O.K. So this is what I found out. I stopped by a Verizon store & it took 2 techs to figure it out for me.

1. Open your text

2. Long touch the pic

3. "Copy attatched to SD card"

4. Close texts and open Galley & there it is in a folder marked "download"

It seems really simple now that I know how to do it & I feel kinda dumb. Maybe now that I'm using handcent SMS it works because I KNOW that I couldn't do it before.

Windows 7 is not so good for a netbook

Windows 7is the most popularoperating system,and a greatadvantage is thatthe low thresholdforhardware requirements. That is the reason why many InternetusersmakeWindows 7assigned totheir computers.Although the newoperating system has a good reputation, user encounter manyunexpectedproblemswith Windwos 7 when updating the system, make people thinking thatWin 7is not ahundred percentfit.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links