Cannot Hear Calls

This is a discussion on Cannot Hear Calls within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Originally Posted by sherongb To the person who has named him/her self with the title of this thread: I can understand being frustrated when you ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cannot Hear Calls

Quote Originally Posted by sherongb View Post
    To the person who has named him/her self with the title of this thread: I can understand being frustrated when you have tried everything and nothing is helping. But from reading this thread the impression I get is that folks have been trying to help you, offering the simplest fixes (which often do get overlooked) first then when you say you have already tried that going on from there. But even from your first response I get the feeling that you are striking out at those trying to help you.

Trying to trouble shoot any problem is a process. At this point I feel that folks are getting more and more reluctant to give you a reason to strike out at them for trying to help you. There may be a simple, or even a complex fix, out there, I don't know. But I do know that any person will only try to help and get slapped down a limited number of times.

No one is saying you have not tried the suggested solutions. Sometimes we all try something and it doesn't work and someone else does what appears to be the exact same thing and it does work. Sometimes we are so used to doing something that we don't think about it and may skip one small step thinking we have done it.

Perhaps at this point you would be less frustrated if you do take the phone back to Verizon and get a replacement phone.

I am not saying your frustration is wrong, I am saying you have gotten so frustrated that you are not reacting as you would if you were not frustrated. Folks want to help you fix the problem. Please try to remember that.

Well said and correct.

To the OP: Try going to Verizon as it seems to be either a software or hardware issue only they can remedy at this point seeing as the usual process of troubleshooting has not helped.

It is not what you said it is how you said it, Jack. So what if you consider this forum (and the Internet) impersonal enough to rant at someone trying to help you. If you took the steps someone suggested already, why not express them in your original post? Adding a link to a thread is more than enough help from someone volunteering information. The onus is on you.

Good day. I hope VW can help you.

Okay, so I am also having this problem. And after reading through all the bickering in this thread, i have come to the conclusion that the only actual fix is taking the phone into Verizon?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

Spacetrain,

If you have no media sound unless you have a headset plugged in but you do still hear notification sounds, then the issue is software related. If you get no sound without plugging in your headset it is a hardware issue. For the first, I would do a factory reset. For the second, I would take it to Verizon.
    Motorola Droid 4

Thanks for the info. Also, Its probably not a permanent fix, but plugging headphones in and out a few times fixed it for now.

Android Lurker Headphone Jack Problem's Avatar
    Well, I'm sorry if I was too abrasive to anyone here. At the store they tried taking the battery out, which didn't work of course, but then they instructed me to do a factory reset. So I did that, and that also did not fix the problem. Verizon tech support over the phone said it was likely a defective headphone jack and right away they put me on a course to get a replacement phone. So I did that.

I do wonder though, is it a new phone that will come? The brochure that refers to this replacement routine says "certified like-new replacement" - What is a "like-new" ? It would be a real shame if I didn't get a new phone to replace this because I've only had the phone just over a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Headphone Jack Problem View Post
    Well, I'm sorry if I was too abrasive to anyone here. At the store they tried taking the battery out, which didn't work of course, but then they instructed me to do a factory reset. So I did that, and that also did not fix the problem. Verizon tech support over the phone said it was likely a defective headphone jack and right away they put me on a course to get a replacement phone. So I did that.

I do wonder though, is it a new phone that will come? The brochure that refers to this replacement routine says "certified like-new replacement" - What is a "like-new" ? It would be a real shame if I didn't get a new phone to replace this because I've only had the phone just over a month.

Certified-like new means that the phone was opened/used and returned and went back to QA inspection/testing at the factory and once it passed all of their checklists, was then stamped as ready to be put out to circulation once again. Sometimes it is indeed fixed and sometimes the problem resurfaces under regular use. They will not divulge what the original issue of the certified-like new was, or if it was just an *open box* phone that legally can no longer be sold as *NEW* but was never actually used by anyone. It also retains the original warranty unless otherwise noted. It is pot luck kinda of a deal so good luck with that.

BTW, almost all companies follow this Certifed-like new system. I know of one from personal experience that does not. Computer builder DSO. They replace any part with only NEW IN BOX (NIB) item of equal or greater value to the part being replaced: Digital Storm

I would have to agree that what you will be getting is a phone that was opened and returned within the 1st 30 days or one that had issues and they "fixed" the issues.

If it was a phone that was just released, you would have gotten a new replacement but since all they send is the phone without the battery and cover, they don't say that its new.
    Motorola Droid 4

Android Lurker Headphone Jack Problem's Avatar
    Thanks for the feedback.

I am also having an issue where the phone rings and I answer it but there is no sound. The person calling doesn't hear anything and I can't hear them. I checked my settings and the phone is not on silent, the call volume is up to max, Bluetooth is off. The only way I can correct it is to reboot the phone. It started happening after the upgrade and now it happens every day. My husband has the same phone and he's not having this issue. It sounds like I should to a factory reset first and see if that works? (And I don't use headphones but I'm wondering if my problem is the same as this one).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links