Advanced Task Killer

This is a discussion on Advanced Task Killer within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Is having the Advanced Task Killer good or bad? After the update my ally started going crazy and now it's taking me with it. After ...

Thread: Advanced Task Killer

Is having the Advanced Task Killer good or bad? After the update my ally started going crazy and now it's taking me with it. After finding this wonderful forum, I did a factory reset yesterday. Phone worked fine, until I added: Advanced Task Killer, Ringdroid, Zedge and Facebook. Started missing calls again. Called Verizon customer service, did not tell them I had already done a factory reset, so they had me do another, I have added no apps and phone seems to be ok. I really don't want to have just a basic phone so I need a recommendation on what ringtone app to download....sorry I rambled and thanks in advance.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Search trouble with froyo and lost connectivity...

The answer to your question is yes, no, and maybe depending on who you talk to. There are plenty of opinions and discussions (or arguements) about this topic. Take some time to read them and then decide for yourself if you want to use an ATK or not.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by delzche View Post
    Is having the Advanced Task Killer good or bad? After the update my ally started going crazy and now it's taking me with it. After finding this wonderful forum, I did a factory reset yesterday. Phone worked fine, until I added: Advanced Task Killer, Ringdroid, Zedge and Facebook. Started missing calls again. Called Verizon customer service, did not tell them I had already done a factory reset, so they had me do another, I have added no apps and phone seems to be ok. I really don't want to have just a basic phone so I need a recommendation on what ringtone app to download....sorry I rambled and thanks in advance.

well it could be any of those that you added - I have ATK and have zero issues with it. Try loading it w/o the others you mentioned and see if for some reason, it doesn't play nice with your phone. When you select ATK, you can pick and choose which apps to FC in the list by check marking them as needed. I would guess, by your problem of missed calls, it would be ringdroid causing the issue but you won't know til you do a process of elimination.

It could also be ATK causing the problem. You could be interrupting a process that is necessary for the Phone App to work.

App Killers are not necessary! But I can see how some advanced users can use them to their advantage. You really have to look at all your settings and know the differences between processes, services and Apps. This is where a lot of folks have problems, IMO.

Conversely, I have Ringdroid installed but no Task Killer. My phone runs great.

thanks, I'm just a old granny with no techie skills.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links