phone storage/memory low

This is a discussion on phone storage/memory low within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I'm sorry if this has already been posted. I've been reading and can't find an answer. I keep getting the message "phone storage/memory low". I've ...

Thread: phone storage/memory low

I'm sorry if this has already been posted. I've been reading and can't find an answer. I keep getting the message "phone storage/memory low". I've uninstalled most apps because I keep getting this message. I have managed my picts on my SD card and hardly have any on there due to this issue as well. I don't get my email on my phone and I keep my test messages erased. What am I doing wrong? Am I missing something?????? I love my phone but when I get this message I get so frustrated. I am running android 2.2 and this has happened before and after I updated software. Please help. Thanks so much

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

For most of these types of issues doing a factory reset fixes the problems, I would also format your SD card...

This was being discussed on a different thread in the past couple of days and one answer was to make sure and empty the trash after deleting emails, or at least every couple of days. I was not able to do this when reading the emails on the program but if I went to the browser on the phone, or on a computer, I could empty the trash there and it emptied it on the phone email program also. It's a lot easier than reformating your SD card or doing a factory reset and having to then reset all your settings.

Another suggestion is to go into your manage applications settings and move any apps to the SD card that can be moved there.

Also, go into the maps application and check to see how many tiles you have stored. Clearing it from the manage applications doesn't clear the map tiles.

Ads