Ejecting/Removing SD card

This is a discussion on Ejecting/Removing SD card within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; What is the safe way to go about removing the sd card from the phone? The reason I ask is because I have not yet ...

Thread: Ejecting/Removing SD card

Android Lurker Headphone Jack Problem's Avatar
    What is the safe way to go about removing the sd card from the phone?

The reason I ask is because I have not yet done so, and I will be getting a like-new replacement soon. So what is the safe way to remove the sd card? Is it better to do so while the phone is off or still on?

Also, for putting the sd card into the like-new replacement phone, should that be done before powering up the new phone? Thanks for the help. (I realize this is probably a very simple question, but I want to be careful).

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Unmount your card for safe removal. Settings > SD Card & phone storage > Unmount SD Card.

I had not had a refurbished replacement, but I imagine there will be some type of information card about adding the Battery and the SD Card from the old phone. This should include activating the new EIN, and that should include when to Power On and Off each phone.

Good luck. Please return to describe this. I am in the process of ordering a replacement phone off ebay (and I doubt those sellers will tell me, well, Jack (lol)).

Android Lurker Headphone Jack Problem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    Unmount your card for safe removal. Settings > SD Card & phone storage > Unmount SD Card.

I had not had a refurbished replacement, but I imagine there will be some type of information card about adding the Battery and the SD Card from the old phone. This should include activating the new EIN, and that should include when to Power On and Off each phone.

Good luck. Please return to describe this. I am in the process of ordering a replacement phone off ebay (and I doubt those sellers will tell me, well, Jack (lol)).

What is an EIN?

Yes, it comes with a card explaining what to do. First step was back up the contacts from first/broken phone. Then I chose to do a factory reset on that phone so that it's not synched with my email account or anything like that and erases my settings. I unmounted the sd card and then removed it, then shut the phone off. With phone off, I removed cover glove thingy, then removed back panel to access the battery, used a credit card to help pry out the battery, then inserted this battery into the back of the replacement phone, put the back panel onto the replacement phone (it comes with the back open), pulled the protective plastic and tape off of various parts of the replacement, then inserted the sd card into the replacement, then put a new screen cover on it, put the glove cover on the device, then turned on the replacement and followed the activation instructions.

So assembling new phone was the 2nd step, then turn on and activate phone, and step 3 was to return the original phone within a certain # of days.

All a pretty simple process, but I found it very difficult to get the screen cover on properly and will probably buy a few more and ask the verizon people to do it - last time they did it it was flawless. It seems dust particles get onto the sticky side when you remove the first protective sheet, then those make bubbles when putting that side onto the screen.

LOL. Oops! EIN is Employee Identification Number. I meant ESN = Electronic Serial Number.

Thanks for the description!

Ads