blank screen while on...

This is a discussion on blank screen while on... within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I absolutly love my Ally...I had it on the charger and I went to check my messages and the screen was blank/black the red light ...

Thread: blank screen while on...

I absolutly love my Ally...I had it on the charger and I went to check my messages and the screen was blank/black the red light indicator was flashing so I knew the phone was on but whether I opened or closed the phone it stayed blank...I had to take the battery out and re insert it for the phone to operate properly....anyone know what caused this or any infov regarding this? This is one issue that started to legitly pi$$ me off...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by pvt romeo View Post
    I absolutly love my Ally...I had it on the charger and I went to check my messages and the screen was blank/black the red light indicator was flashing so I knew the phone was on but whether I opened or closed the phone it stayed blank...I had to take the battery out and re insert it for the phone to operate properly....anyone know what caused this or any infov regarding this? This is one issue that started to legitly pi$ me off...

You didn't mention this so I will ask: did you click the far-right phone button? I notice when I dock my phone and the clock comes on, pushing the *End* button will awaken the screen for my password. Pushing it again will return my phone to *sleep* mode. Are all connections firmly in place? My red indicator light never flashes when charging, it stays *ON* .

A flashing LED is usually not a good sign. If just charging it should be a solid light with no flashing.
    Motorola Droid 4

It would. Be constant while on the charger...but when i'd push the end button to awaken it the screen stayed black so I unplugged it from charging and noticed I had a missed alert

Flashing red is new to me. I think it might have been a battery overheating issue. Did you notice if your phone was hot/warm to the touch? The phone is supposed to turn off should the battery overheat. But, since the phone is also designed to power on when charging, your phone got flustered, maybe.

There are Apps that display battery temperature. I use Sense Analog Small as a clock widget that displays my internal phone info (available RAM, available phone space, SD Card space available, battery temp), along with the weather and my next alarm. There are others, but I like this one.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links