turn off GPS, WIFI etc...

This is a discussion on turn off GPS, WIFI etc... within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I have been reading thru the site and I see that many posters say to turn off GPS and WiFi, but I am new to ...

Thread: turn off GPS, WIFI etc...

I have been reading thru the site and I see that many posters say to turn off GPS and WiFi, but I am new to this phone and dont know where to go to do this, plz help

also, what other items can I turn off to help preserve my battery life, I know not to turn off sync

thank you in advance

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by bigdlb12 View Post
    I have been reading thru the site and I see that many posters say to turn off GPS and WiFi, but I am new to this phone and dont know where to go to do this, plz help

also, what other items can I turn off to help preserve my battery life, I know not to turn off sync

thank you in advance

ok I turned off bluetooth and Wifi, but how to I turn off GPS, thanks

In my opinion there is no reason to turn off GPS. GPS is only running when you launch an app that uses location like driving navigation. When you see the satellite icon in the notification area then GPS is running, if you dont see the icon then GPS is not running and not using your battery.

A couple of days ago I had the sat icon running when I wasn't using any app that required it. I checked my settings and GPS was turned off but the icon was still there. I never did figure out what caused it. I had to reboot to clear it.

To the OP, I use the power widget to control WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth, and Sync.
    Motorola Droid 4

Use the Power Control Widget. To put the Widget on a home screen long-touch the home screen and follow the prompts.

The 5 icons on the Widget are WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, Sync and Brightness, respectively.

Even the manual and the internal phone menus suggest turning off GPS when not in use.

thank you all for your help, I got it

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links