Ally making calls by itself

This is a discussion on Ally making calls by itself within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I have an Ally and randomly the screen will automatically light up and it will start a call. It is always to someone in my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ally making calls by itself

I have an Ally and randomly the screen will automatically light up and it will start a call. It is always to someone in my contact list? I have tested it by setting the phone on a table and watch it make a call all by itself? Is there a setting to automatically make a call that I am missing?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Press the menu button.

Touch Settings.

Touch Call Settings.

Make sure that Auto Retry is set to off.

If it is set to off, check the apps you have downloaded and see if any of them have permission to make calls.
    Motorola Droid 4

Has anyone had issues with the phone dialing out on its own? I have had a master reset done, phone replaced. Had the phone 2 days and now I just did the master reset on the new phone because it is still making calls.

VZW doesn't know what the issue is. They can't' duplicate the problem. Anyone know about it or is it just my phones???

Motorola Droid 4

I have the same issue. Auto retry has never been on. Have had the problem since the new update. Has happened on 2 different phones. gotta love it.

I do not have auto try on. this will call numbers in the phone book and numbers at random. I do not have any apps installed that will do any dialing.

Merged these topics so there is one flow of info.

Please remember search is your friend. The OP was only a week ago.

LG Ally

Verizon carrier

GPS mode activated

Auto-detect deactivated

No apps allowed to call, however 2 have access to read phone state and identity.

ISSUE:

About 2 weeks ago, apparently my LG Ally made a call all by itself to 911 Emergency Services.

I became aware that it had done so by the emergency call back message that was on the screen and a voicemail from their automated system. I have confirmed from the EMS log records that my LG Ally indeed made a call on the date in question. However, I believe it highly unlikely, even nearly impossible, for me to have done so by inadvertent key dialing...the phone must have done it all by itself.

My phone was in key lock down (finger slider across screen to deactivate), power down mode (press front button to deactivate); it was sitting in my purse at my feet while I was eating in a restaurant (not juggling around in my pocket); I do not have a speed dial for 911 on my phone desktop...in essence for the phone to have been activiated by me inadvertently, I would have had to kick it thorugh the purse so that it would have deactivated the power down button, deactivated the key lock, AND go into dialpad AND accurately dial 911 through random thumps. I think all that would be highly unlikely even if I kicked my purse repeatedly.

Even more odd is that my phone did not register the 911 call in its call log.

Because of that fact, first Verizon tech support originally thought it was a spam incoming call and advised me to block the number as all outoing calls would be registered in my call log. I however have received the EMS call log and have confirmed my phone really did make the call on the date and time in question.

Second verizon tech support person wondered if the loaded apps of "Advanced Task Killer free" and "Anti-Virus free" from AVG had caused the glitch. Third Verizon tech support person does not believe those apps to be the issue as they are helpful apps, and has no idea why my phone did what it did and said just watch to see if it does it again....fortuantley it's been 12 days without additional dialing.

Was wondering if anyone else had had this problem. Obviously this is not amusing...911 does not take false emergency calls lightly.

Arrow

Tammy,

We have come to the conclusion that it is the voice dialer in conjunction with the blue tooth. I did not have any problems with my Ally until the latest upgrade. For some reason, the voice dialer has a mind of its own. My husband went to the LG site after verizon replaced my phone and did a couple of master resets. They had no clue as to what was wrong with it because they could not "duplicate" the problem.

Hope this helps.

Righty58

Thank you for responding. I do have a blue tooth, and it might have been activated as I had come in from driving and don't always deactivate the blue tooth when it's not on my ear.

Question...if its the voicedialer and bluetooth...what is the solution? I occasionally use the voice dialer, but frequently use my blue tooth, so I am not eager to stop using either all together.

The good news is this may have been a singular fluke incident...but obviously because of "who" my phone has chosen to dial makes this matter essential that it doesn't become a reoccurring event.

Thanks

Tammy

Quote Originally Posted by Righty58 View Post
    Tammy,

We have come to the conclusion that it is the voice dialer in conjunction with the blue tooth. I did not have any problems with my Ally until the latest upgrade. For some reason, the voice dialer has a mind of its own. My husband went to the LG site after verizon replaced my phone and did a couple of master resets. They had no clue as to what was wrong with it because they could not "duplicate" the problem.

Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links