Ally won't charge

This is a discussion on Ally won't charge within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Couldn't find this specific problem in any other posts-- Just last night my phone stopped charging. Today it says battery life is very low (with ...

Thread: Ally won't charge

Couldn't find this specific problem in any other posts-- Just last night my phone stopped charging. Today it says battery life is very low (with the empty battery pic with the red slash through it) and for me to "connect to charger"

I have three different wall chargers (bc my bf uses the same kind) and they all work for his phone so I know there is something wrong with my phone (vs the charging equipment).

When it's plugged in, the battery status does not change, and it continues to tell me to plug into charger---HOWEVER, it does seem to recognize its plugged in to some degree, because when I UNplug it, it does the "beep beep beep" sound that indicates you should plug it back in.

So far I have tried:

turning it off and on (twice) then plugging back in

using all three different chargers

Help please! I just got a new battery last month...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Are the chargers specificly for the Ally? There are some that say Ally's won't charge on a non Ally charger. This change was due to the upgrade to Android 2.2.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Are the chargers specificly for the Ally? There are some that say Ally's won't charge on a non Ally charger. This change was due to the upgrade to Android 2.2.

Thanks.. yes, two of the chargers are for Ally.

It seems as though it is charging now, though very slowly...plus it still says "connect to charger..."

If it still says "connect to charger", it doesn't seem like it's actually charging correctly. You might try turning off the phone, remove the battery for about 30 seconds and then put it back in. Without turning on the phone, try the chargers again. If the chargers are working, the phone should power on and show the red charging led. If still no luck, try connecting to a powered USB port on a PC. At least one of the charging methods should work. If you still can't get the battery to charge, I would back up anything you want off of the phone. Take it to a Verizon store and have them try a known working charger and battery. They may have you perform a Factory Reset (hence the backup).

Others have reported that turning off (uncheck) Debugging has helped them charge again (one poster wrote it made no difference but a few others said it worked).

Settings > Applications > Development > Make sure "USB Debugging" is not checked.

Quote Originally Posted by OneFore9 View Post
    If it still says "connect to charger", it doesn't seem like it's actually charging correctly. You might try turning off the phone, remove the battery for about 30 seconds and then put it back in. Without turning on the phone, try the chargers again. If the chargers are working, the phone should power on and show the red charging led. If still no luck, try connecting to a powered USB port on a PC. At least one of the charging methods should work. If you still can't get the battery to charge, I would back up anything you want off of the phone. Take it to a Verizon store and have them try a known working charger and battery. They may have you perform a Factory Reset (hence the backup).

Thanks! The USB port to my mac started charging it correctly...when I tried plugging that charger into an outlet that also worked too. go figure. maybe it was the charger all along? anyways ,yay! no trip to the store

Quote Originally Posted by dsmdoc_sarah View Post
    Thanks.. yes, two of the chargers are for Ally.

It seems as though it is charging now, though very slowly...plus it still says "connect to charger..."

I'm having a similar problem. Sometimes it refuses to charge and I have to keep on taking out the charger and putting it back in,and then it will charge, slowly at first but eventually it will. For some reason it doesn't charge past 87% though.

Sponsored Links