Won't charge, and it gets better

This is a discussion on Won't charge, and it gets better within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I've had this phone since September, and it worked great... for the first few weeks. after which, the clock app decided that it would activate ...

Thread: Won't charge, and it gets better

I've had this phone since September, and it worked great... for the first few weeks. after which, the clock app decided that it would activate on its own, and it sure loved to do that. it doesn't matter what i'm doing, it will halt everything to show up. that was the first problem. a few days ago, my phone decided that it only wanted to charge laying down. if i picked it up, it would stop charging. after about three days of that, my phone decided that general movement was unacceptable when charging, so when i so much as nudged it, it would stop charging (I've had to adjust my phone three times since i began typing this to keep it charging...). Starting earlier today, when i plugged my phone in, it was at 36%. i checked on it four hours later, and it had dropped down to 18%, and said it was still charging all that while. i stayed by the phone,and made sure it stayed charging. that succeeded in 1% of growth over an hour, and then dropping down to 8%, charger and all. this inability to charge, sporadic clock app, and selective charging positions, has driven me to my wit's end. help would be greatly appreciated. if i cant figure this out, i'm probably never going to get another LG phone again (charging problems with my old LG Voyager) and i'm considering getting a droid instead. please help me. for my and my phone's sake. thank you.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If the phone stops charging just because you move the phone, it is normally caused by a loose connection. Either the USB cord has a break in it or the connection in the phone is loose. Try another cord and see if that doesn't work. If not, you may need to take it to Verizon.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    If the phone stops charging just because you move the phone, it is normally caused by a loose connection. Either the USB cord has a break in it or the connection in the phone is loose. Try another cord and see if that doesn't work. If not, you may need to take it to Verizon.

I've tried different chargers, but i've had no success. Is trying to fix this phone a lost cause?

If it does it on all chargers you will need to take it into Verizon. The plug inside the phone might be loose. They will have to send you a replacement.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    If it does it on all chargers you will need to take it into Verizon. The plug inside the phone might be loose. They will have to send you a replacement.

I was having a similar problem yesterday...was plugged in for a few hours and it was stuck at 76%. I tried a soft reset and it fixed the problem...hoping just a one time glitch. Give that a try, can't hurt. Just remove the battery when the phone is on...then wait like 20 seconds and replace.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links