SD Card Issues

This is a discussion on SD Card Issues within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I had been having various issues with my SD Card here lately - SD card corrupt, always preparing SD card, SD card not installed, random ...

Thread: SD Card Issues

I had been having various issues with my SD Card here lately - SD card corrupt, always preparing SD card, SD card not installed, random dismounting of card when it's just sitting on the table and not moved, and of course icons and programs just "disappearing" from my card. (My Ally has the 2.2.1 installed). After several reboots, remounts, hard resets, etc... I was getting a little mad to say the least, It didn't matter whether I had the original 4 gig or the new 8 gig card in it. After looking over the phone I removed the battery and saw that there is a gray / silver taped square over the area where the SD card is inserted and that it was "slightly" pushed down. I removed it to find that the pins that make contact with the SD card are right under this tape and by watching them while plugging in the SD card I noticed that a couple of pins were not contacting the card anymore. My thoughts were that there must have been some "sticky" glue on the tape that had pulled the pins up causing them to break contact every once in awhile and that removing and plugging in the card several times wasn't helping the matter any. The fix is simple - remove that gray tape, find something NON CONDUCTIVE to place over the pin area (just the pins themselves), and re-tape it with some heavy clear tape. I took a piece of paper and folded it in thirds (three layers) and cut it to the small size and put the clear heavy tape on it. My card is now recognized, it isn't "corrupt" anymore, and I have all my icons back. I would suggest finding something somewhat stiff but not to thick, maybe a couple layers of thin plastic and that should do the trick!!! I hope this helps others out as I was thinking I would have to take mine back. This might explain why it happens to some but not all, just depends on if you press down on that tape at anytime when removing or inserting the battery etc...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

this pissed me off with my old ally, wish i saw this before hahah

Like I said I think that they may have left some glue or sticky stuff on the backside of that tape and if you press down on it (accidently or on purpose) it might stick to one of the pins pulling it up and causing it to not make contact, thereby sending the phone into fits into whether or not the card is inserted. Just remove that tape, put something non conductive just the right size in there, and put some heavy packing tape over it. So far I've had no issues with the SD Card since doing this.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links