Where do i download Froyo?

This is a discussion on Where do i download Froyo? within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I have been looking and cannot find out where or how to download Froyo...please help!...

Thread: Where do i download Froyo?

I have been looking and cannot find out where or how to download Froyo...please help!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by packerscjg View Post
    I have been looking and cannot find out where or how to download Froyo...please help!

To find out if you have the Froyo update, go to settings - scroll to the bottom and select about phone, you should then see at or around the bottom of the screen Android version - if it's at 2.2.1 and at the bottom SW Version says VS740ZVD then you've got Froyo. If not at the top of that screen you should select System Updates which will show you if it's available to download (should be if not already installed). If all else fails go to LG's website and download the updater program and install the drivers (there are four of them) on your home computer. After they are installed, run the updater program, put your phone in usb debug mode connect to your computer it should recognize that an update is available and allow you to install it, depending on your internet speed this update can take awhile to download and install, just be patient mine took almost an hour, but I had a very slow internet connect that night...

thank you...much help

I have a slow internet connection. Is it better to take my phone to a Verizon store if I don't have 2.2.1 Froyo? I bought a used Ally from a 3rd party will they still update it? I'm hoping it already has Froyo.

Thanks

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links