After Froyo update & FR I'm back to Old Market App

This is a discussion on After Froyo update & FR I'm back to Old Market App within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; OK, I searched around and couldn't find anything so here goes. A few months back before we got the froyo update the Market app was ...

Thread: After Froyo update & FR I'm back to Old Market App

OK, I searched around and couldn't find anything so here goes. A few months back before we got the froyo update the Market app was upgraded. I am not sure what the ver # was.

I noticed the last week or so my phones performance really taking a dive, I had upgraded to froyo the last week on January and since that time without a factory reset things were fine. After reading about so many different weird issues with phones especially ones that people didn't do a FR and format the SD card on. So, I decided that is what I had better do.

I backed up my SD card to my computer then went through the FR and formatted my SD card. Reloaded my files from computer to the SD card and downloaded my apps but, I noticed that I am back to the old Market App. Any one else have this condition. I have looked around and I can't seem to figure out how to update it anywhere. Under app mgmt it says it is ver 2.12.

Any ideas appreciated!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

My Market version is 2.3.2. Did you try opening Market, hit menu and touch My Apps. Updates should be listed there. The apk for Market 2.2.6 is linked here.

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    My Market version is 2.3.2. Did you try opening Market, hit menu and touch My Apps. Updates should be listed there. The apk for Market 2.2.6 is linked here.

I was hoping there was a way to get this ver to update automatically but, I cannot find anything on any menu that I can find and the phone system says it's all up to date.

The market app that I have now seems to working fine. I just liked the newer one and was surprised that after the FR it took me back to an older version.

Anybody else experience this? I guess I will have to manually load it! I found this link on how to do it http://eugeneorourke...android-market/

So much for it being an easy procedure.

If you install 2.2.6, it might upgrade to 2.3.2 automatically. It also won't root the phone, or void your warranty.

Thanks for the reply Qasar, mysteriously overnight it has upgraded to the new version. Go figure!

my market went to the old GUI the first time I opened it after I updated to 2.2.1 with a FR and formatted SD card

the next time I opened the market it took some extra time to load up because it was automatically downloading the latest 2.3.2 version, all I did was start up the market app and it upgraded to the latest version

Similar experience that seemed to correct itself after a day or so. Glad yours was resolved, Ally Cat.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links