Error "Smartphone side has requested connection shutdown"

This is a discussion on Error "Smartphone side has requested connection shutdown" within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; When I use my phone to download data from the web to my computer I keep getting disconnected and I get the error "Smartphone side ...

Thread: Error "Smartphone side has requested connection shutdown"

When I use my phone to download data from the web to my computer I keep getting disconnected and I get the error "Smartphone side has requested connection shutdown." This has only happened since the new update. I want to know who gave my phone the authority to close my connection! LOL! Actually, I'm pretty desperate here, I use my phone to access my online college classes, and it inevitably closes the connection when I am taking a test! Murphy's Law I guess....can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

Fyre

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have not seen this error message before. How are you connecting? Are you using tethering, or are you downloading to the phone then transferring files to the computer? If tethering, with which App?

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    I have not seen this error message before. How are you connecting? Are you using tethering, or are you downloading to the phone then transferring files to the computer? If tethering, with which App?

I am tethering with Easy Tether Pro.

thanks!

Fyre

I did a fast search and found others having this issue. Some only after the 2.2 update, but none have said they were on the Ally. So this is likely an issue with Easy Tether Pro. Have you written the Dev an E-mail? They cannot fix it unless they know about the problem.

Yes, I did email Easy Tether, and they are creating a hot fix for the problem, but they think it's a task killer program. I was just wondering if anyone else had had the problem. I just hope their solution works!

Fyre

Sponsored Links