Touchscreen Not Hello - Working

This is a discussion on Touchscreen Not Hello - Working within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; My touchscreen suddenly stopped working - I was in the middle of making a call and the screen suddenly stopped recognizing that i was touching ...

Thread: Touchscreen Not Hello - Working

Touchscreen Not Hello - Working

My touchscreen suddenly stopped working - I was in the middle of making a call and the screen suddenly stopped recognizing that i was touching it.

It has now reverted to the lock screen and it will not operate at all; since i cannot unlock using the slider, nor can I turn off the phone -- nothing will work.

Any advice?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Have you tried shutting the phone down? If that doesn't work try taking the battery out for a few minutes then putting it back in and restarting the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by sherongb View Post
    Have you tried shutting the phone down? If that doesn't work try taking the battery out for a few minutes then putting it back in and restarting the phone.

well, as i said i CANNOT turn it off -- the screen will not work so it cannot be unlocked to get to the power off screen

completely forgot about pulling the battery though - thank you I will try that now!

Ok that worked - i dunno WHY i completely spaced out this simple remedy.... DUUUHHH... i shoulda rememebred that is always the first thing to do.

must be cause i just woke up and not thinking clearly! hehehe. thanks for jogging the slow morning brain......

Because it's simple? And you were thinking you would have to do something complicated.nd

As life has taught me when troubleshooting start at the beginning (try shutting the phone down) and go from there. Don't skip steps, do every one, it will be the one you skipped that works (Murphy's law). And if you get distracted start over from the beginning.

Glad it was that simple. For more complicated solutions we need to go to the big guns.

Twitter
    @milkmac9
    yea I learned that when I bricked my phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Droid X2

help

Good night. I have same problem as catt, and took battery out multiple times to no avail.
    Touch screen is not reacting at all
    Tell me about thos big guns(help), pls

Quote Originally Posted by sherongb View Post
    Because it's simple? And you were thinking you would have to do something complicated.nd

As life has taught me when troubleshooting start at the beginning (try shutting the phone down) and go from there. Don't skip steps, do every one, it will be the one you skipped that works (Murphy's law). And if you get distracted start over from the beginning.

Glad it was that simple. For more complicated solutions we need to go to the big guns.

Twitter
    @milkmac9
    maybe your digitizer is completely blown out then, even if its not under warranty, take it to verizon and just ask them about it, you just might find someone smart enough to know what is going on, and get some helpful advice. (just maybe)

If the touch-screen freezes BUT the four physical keys are still active, this solves it for me: Hold down the bottom-right (power-off) key. That should bring up the usual menu: silent mode, airplane mode, or power off. Now slide the QWERTY keyboard out. On my Ally, the four arrow keys surrounding the OK button are always still active. Use them to select "power off", then press OK. Phone should power down correctly without requiring battery removal. Power it back up and you should be back in business.

I haven't yet found a solution when the touch screen freezes and the POWER OFF key is unresponsive. Even in that case my QUERTY keyboard is always still responsive. Eventually I WILL find a solution using just the keyboard, and I'll post it here.

To g2xhelp: It does sound like your problem is more than just a typical OpSys bug. I agree with cd_fifty_six. Take it to a Verizon store (if you bought it at a store, take it to that store to increase your chances of getting help) and see what they'll do for you. If they can't/ won't help, call Verizon's central support lines and see if you can find a sympathetic ear. I go to them begging for help rather than demanding it and they've gone out of their way to correct problems for me.
    Last edited by kevinabb; 04-17-2012 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Fix typo

Sponsored Links