Shutter Sound

This is a discussion on Shutter Sound within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Is there a way to turn off the shutter sound on the camera when you're taking a picture?...

Thread: Shutter Sound

Is there a way to turn off the shutter sound on the camera when you're taking a picture?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

No. it prevents perverts from taking secret pictures in dressing rooms. I'm not accusing, i'm just saying that's why.

My phone has an option for no shutter sound. When you open the camera, touch the gear symbol at on the left-hand side. Scroll down to shutter sound and select Off. Not a perv though....never knew until now.

When I set the shutter sound to off it still makes a double tone sound, it just didn't do the typical camera shutter sound but still not silent.

Thank you, people. No, I am not a pervert, I just assumed there had to be a way to turn it off since "shutter sound" was listed in the camera options. I just couldn't figure out how to maneuver my way to the option. A respectful nod to Vol4one for the help.

Java

I didn't test it after trying the NO SOUND option so I didn't realize it still made the two-tone sound before taking the pic. That's interesting. One thing I noticed with Froyo is that you can't turn sound completely off. Vibrate is as low as you can go on the sound scale. Before, SILENT was an option just below VIBRATE. At least, I assume it was Froyo that caused this change and not Velocity 1.0. Either way, I actually like it better this way.

As for marioval's comment, I don't think he was accusing you. Just stating the fact. Glad I could be of assistance to you though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vol4one View Post
    One thing I noticed with Froyo is that you can't turn sound completely off. Vibrate is as low as you can go on the sound scale. Before, SILENT was an option just below VIBRATE.

If you go into settings, you can change Vibrate to Never and then Silent is an option for volume..
    Motorola Droid 4

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links