Ever since the last update I cannot customize my notifications

This is a discussion on Ever since the last update I cannot customize my notifications within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I have Handcent set to give me different notification sounds for several of my contacts. I also have a different notification sound for my gmail. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever since the last update I cannot customize my notifications

I have Handcent set to give me different notification sounds for several of my contacts. I also have a different notification sound for my gmail. But ever since the last update the only notification that plays is the standard notification in the LG Ally "Sound" section, even though I have gmail set to a different notification, and all my Handcent notifications are still set to play different noises depending on the person.

Hopefully that makes sense. Basically, I can no longer go into each individual program and set a specific notification like I could before this last update. All notification sounds are the same.

I apologize if this has been asked here a zillion times, I tried several different board searches and couldn't find an answer.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I am having trouble assigning seperate tones for text messages vs. emails. I have gone into each area and selected the differnet tones that I want to have for each, however; the tones are the same when i recieve texts and emails. The tone that alerts is the tone that is set in the master setting from the home screen/settings/sounds/notifications. Whatever sound is selected in that notification setting is the sound that alerts for both texts and emails regardless of what sound that I have selected in their individual settings. This is the second phone that I have that is operating like this. Thanks

Just found your post after posting what sounds like the same issue. tagging your post to see replies.

I'm having similar issues ....... will keep an eye on your thread to see if anyone can help.

Quote Originally Posted by VUWildcat04 View Post
    I'm having similar issues ....... will keep an eye on your thread to see if anyone can help.

I am also having the same issue. The LED light notification does not always work for text messages, but does for e-mail. Trying to decide if I should do a factory reset.

I have not had any issues with the ringtone. I can setup one ringtone in the default setting, one for text messages, and one for emails. No issues so I don't know what advice to give. I think doing a Factory Reset is over kill for something as minor as ringtone issues. There could be an app installed that is causing the issue so you might want to start removing apps and see if that doesn't help.
    Motorola Droid 4

Mods - Please merge this topic with the other one: http://www.lgallyforums.com/topic/25...fferent-tones/

Motorola Droid 4

Merged as requested.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    I have not had any issues with the ringtone. I can setup one ringtone in the default setting, one for text messages, and one for emails. No issues so I don't know what advice to give. I think doing a Factory Reset is over kill for something as minor as ringtone issues. There could be an app installed that is causing the issue so you might want to start removing apps and see if that doesn't help.

Thanks for the idea to check apps. I do not have many apps installed at this point. I have downloaded some ringtones for text messages using Zedge. However, even if I put the e-mail notification to silent, it still uses the same ringtone as a text message. So, I now get the same notification for both e-mail and text messages. About the same time that happened, my LED notification light for text messages stopped working. I finally downloaded a text message app that makes the phone vibrate 3 times in a row. It all seems to be getting the job done of letting me know when I get a text message.

I have never used Zedge but I have seen a lot of complaints about sound issues where the person downloaded something from Zedge. There might be a compatibility issue. Have you tried using RingDroid to convert the downloaded ringtones? Using RingDroid allows you to specify what the sound is being used for: Ringtone, Alarm, or Notification.
    Motorola Droid 4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links