Double text notifications

This is a discussion on Double text notifications within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Ok I may be new to the LG Ally, and the whole smartphone world pretty much. So please bare with me. I got my Ally ...

Thread: Double text notifications

Ok I may be new to the LG Ally, and the whole smartphone world pretty much. So please bare with me. I got my Ally two weeks ago. I will be honest I think I absolutely love it. HOWEVER, the phone did an update the other night and now I am getting double text notifications. One from Handcent which I absolutely love, and then one from Messageing which came with the phone. I went into the settings and shut off or disabled which ever you want to call it, the notifications on the Messageing. I still get the pop up from hancent, but, the newest thing with that is that it now gets stuck on a message and keeps showing the same message over and over each time a new message comes in. Can someone please help me out and give me any sort of advice on something to try. I know I cant get rid of the preinstalled apps that came with the phone, which I think is completely wrong. Allow me to put apps on my phone that I'd actually use and not stuff that I wont and just takes up space. If I was capable of rooting my phone I think I would seriously consider it at this point. Right now I just want to know how to fix this whole text message fiasco I have. Its rather annoying. If I were to uninstall handcent and reinstall it might that work? Just makes me wonder why I wasnt having these problems until the phone did an update or whatever the other night and now all of a sudden bam problems. If ANYONE and I do mean anyone has ANY sort of suggestions or anything please respond.

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

2 times
    Have you turned the phone off, left it off for a few seconds then restarted it since the update? If not I would suggest doing that first. If that doesn't work you might try pulling the battery out, leave it out for 5 or so seconds then replacing it and restarting the phone.

With this update, they fixed a lot of texting issues which means that the default texting app, which Handcent uses, has been updated. Odds are that the Handcent app developer will need to update Handcent to work with the new changes.

Also, even if you rooted, you could not remove the default messaging app and still use Handcent. Handcent is not a stand alone app.
    Motorola Droid 4

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links