SD Card not showing all my music? please help!

This is a discussion on SD Card not showing all my music? please help! within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; So, i update my music on my LG Ally pretty often, but recently, when i put music on it, it doesnt show all of my ...

Thread: SD Card not showing all my music? please help!

So, i update my music on my LG Ally pretty often, but recently, when i put music on it, it doesnt show all of my music in the music player. in my phone, i go to ThinkFree Office and i go to my music folder called "Music", and all of my music files are in it. Also, on my computer, in the removable disk screen with all the folders, all of my music is in my music folder. BUT not all of the music files are showing up in my Music Player. Only about half of them. And i dont think its because my itunes has the tracks protected, because i have had those same music files on my phone in my music player before with out any problems. But now for some reason, they arent popping up. Can anyone help me with this problem? It is really frustrating! Thank you so much in advance.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The first thing I think of offhand is what type of music files are they? MP3, M4a or what. It may be that the app is only recognizing the ones that are a certain file type and not the others, even though they are there.

I would also suggest reformatting the SD Card. It might not help but sometimes it is the little things that cause big problems on the Ally.
    Motorola Droid 4

Android Jr Member RedDroid_lgally's Avatar
    Try just updating one or two songs. That will trigger the phone to redo its media database. It takes a while to update, it reads the metadata of the tracks (Artist, Album, Title and Artwork). Until that database is fully updated, you can't play all your music. Likewise if the database is missing songs that you have put on the card.

When the phone is updating the database, you will see Media Scanner Service in your Running Services.

It takes a while to update. I have a 16 GB SD card with over 3000 songs. I often update my music when I know I won't want to listen to something using the phone right away.

Here is another method I've used to completely delete and build a new database:

Settings>>Applications>>Manage Applications. Select the All Tab. Scroll down to Media Storage and select it. Clear the Data (acknowledge you want to do this). THEN

Settings>>SD Card and phone storage. Select Unmount SD Card. When it's unmounted, take it out and put it back in. When the card is fully mounted, the Media Scanner Service will begin.

I should add that if you use a different player to play your music, it too has to either use the database that android creates or it makes its own. That can extend the time required before all of your songs show up in your music player.

It also deletes any playlists you created in the phone.

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    or try a restart after updating your music.

Sponsored Links