Recovery of Pictures?

This is a discussion on Recovery of Pictures? within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I took a picture that I absolutely loved, and then someone took my phone and happened to delete the picture. Since I really liked it, ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tears_for_Fears

Thread: Recovery of Pictures?

Recovery of Pictures?

I took a picture that I absolutely loved, and then someone took my phone and happened to delete the picture. Since I really liked it, I would like it back.

I was wondering if there are any non virus, free ways to help me get my pictures back on my Lg Ally?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Pictures are stored on the SD Card so you could pull the card and insert it in a computer and use a data recovery program designed for Flash cards to get it back. I know Scan Disk had a recovery program for their SD Cards but I don't remember if it was free or not.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Pictures are stored on the SD Card so you could pull the card and insert it in a computer and use a data recovery program designed for Flash cards to get it back. I know Scan Disk had a recovery program for their SD Cards but I don't remember if it was free or not.

Do you know how I'd be able to fit my SD card into my computer? It's very very tiny and my slot is big. Help, please? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by nia796 View Post
    Do you know how I'd be able to fit my SD card into my computer? It's very very tiny and my slot is big. Help, please? Thank you.

You would need a card reader for your pc. Since we have the Micro SD Card, you will also need an adapter that you slide the card in and it slides into the card reader. I don't remember exactly but I think the LG Ally came with an adapter.

If you don't have a card reader, you should be able to just hook the phone up to the PC with your USB card. I think the recovery program will still be able to do it that way but have never tried it.
    Motorola Droid 4

You would need something like this, a micro SD card adapter, as well as a SD card reader. The SD card reader would hook up to your computer via USB. Or, you may be able to connect your phone to your computer with the USB/charging cable that AA mentioned above.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Kingston-2...corder/9107226

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Moultrie-U...eader/14972138

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!

Re: Recovery of Pictures?

I'm surprised no one mentioned this but...

If you lost important files, Android keeps an imprint of the file, but it can only hold one for each spot, so if you overwrite that spot, it will be impossible to recover. When losing important files, do not write anything new on the card, don't install anything, don't download anything. Try not to use that card at all until you recover the needed files, because certain apps can automatically write on the card.
    UltraDroid likes this.
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links