Notification question Since froyo

This is a discussion on Notification question Since froyo within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I know that owners of the LG Ally have had Froyo for a longtime now but I recently noticed that you are not able to ...

Thread: Notification question Since froyo

I know that owners of the LG Ally have had Froyo for a longtime now but I recently noticed that you are not able to put the phone into vibration mode by the side volume rocker. You have to go into the menu and pick the one that you want. I dont know if their is a way to fix this or do I have to go into the menu everytime I want to have the phone on vibrate. Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Just tried this and pressing down and down on the volume does go down to vibrate. Try shutting the phone off, wait a minute, then restart it if pressing the down volume button doesn't work and see if restarting it works.

Also go into your main menu, settings, sound and make sure something other than 'never' is checked.

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    I too can use the volume rocker to go to vibrate.

Android Jr Member RedDroid_lgally's Avatar
    After Froyo, using the volume rocker will bring the phone down to Vibrate or Silent depending on how you have the Settings >> Sound >> Vibrate set. I have mine set to only when not in silent mode because I more often want the phone to be still and quiet at certain times. For the rare occasions that I want the phone to only vibrate, I open the keyboard and hit Alt then Z. It will put the phone in a Vibrate only mode until you change it. There are also widgets you can get from the market that can toggle your phone from Vibrate to Silent.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDroid View Post
    After Froyo, using the volume rocker will bring the phone down to Vibrate or Silent depending on how you have the Settings >> Sound >> Vibrate set. I have mine set to only when not in silent mode because I more often want the phone to be still and quiet at certain times. For the rare occasions that I want the phone to only vibrate, I open the keyboard and hit Alt then Z. It will put the phone in a Vibrate only mode until you change it. There are also widgets you can get from the market that can toggle your phone from Vibrate to Silent.
    Thank you found a very good widget called "simple sound profile widget" It can setup your phone in meeting mode which is vibrate...silent...normal...and loud.. Thank you for everybody who answered to this post

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links