Low memory notices

This is a discussion on Low memory notices within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Originally Posted by sherongb On the phone browser go to the email program, empty the trash. Now when you go to the app give it ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Low memory notices

Quote Originally Posted by sherongb View Post
    On the phone browser go to the email program, empty the trash.

Now when you go to the app give it time to sync and the messages will go away. Want to check? Go to folders and to the trash folder and let it run. It may take some time but it syncs and get's rid of them.

Thanks, I'll try - I probably didn't give it enough time to sync.

That doesn't work with pop3 email accounts using the default email program. If you delete it on your phone, you have to delete it a 2nd time from the trash folder or it remains on your phone taking up space. The only way to remove a large # of trash emails is one at a time or you can delete the account and then re-add it.
    Motorola Droid 4

It seems to me that the phone storage low message is coming up more frequently as of late for many users of this phone. A friend with this phone called me to find out if I was having a problem and she called a friend who works at verizon who has been fielding a number of these calls lately. He said to go into applications and clear the data on facebook as it adds lots of cookies. I did that and the message went away immediately. However, I'm still getting it even MORE frequently. I think that needs to be addressed instead of all the users jumping through hoops to delete things off the phone.

What say you all out there?

The low memory thing drives me nuts also... isn't the point of these things to be able to put stuff on them? So the Backup Assistant is useless? If I delete it how do I maintain data... I guess Google keeps my contacts and Gmail, and I use the browser and the Twitter app and Maps so that is all "backup up" already so to speak. What else should I be concerned with?

How do you delete emails from Trash? I can't find a delete button anywhere, whether I select the email from the list or open it. :-(

Backup assistant has always been useless, all it does is backup your contacts, which are being synced to your gmail account anyway.

To empty the email trash: in yahoo email I open the program in the browser, click on folders and empty the trash is an option on the bottom. Or go to the email program on your computer, empty the trash, go to the app on the phone, open the folder and give it time to sync.

Android Jr Member RedDroid_lgally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amcas View Post
    It seems to me that the phone storage low message is coming up more frequently as of late for many users of this phone. A friend with this phone called me to find out if I was having a problem and she called a friend who works at verizon who has been fielding a number of these calls lately. He said to go into applications and clear the data on facebook as it adds lots of cookies. I did that and the message went away immediately. However, I'm still getting it even MORE frequently. I think that needs to be addressed instead of all the users jumping through hoops to delete things off the phone.

What say you all out there?

Memory problems are only going to get worse. Each new update of many of these apps use much more storage (memory) than they did before. I have rolled almost all my apps back to the version that was installed on the phone and I don't update any of the Verizon apps (backup assistant, My Verizon). The apps that I uninstalled all updates for are: Market, Maps, Gmail, and Facebook. In their original state and with moderate use, these apps are sized as follows on my phone:

Market: 880 kb Version: 2.12

Maps: 3.74 MB Version: 5.0.0

Gmail: 2.65MB Version: 2.3.2

Facebook: 2.77MB Version: 1.4.0

I used to keep the Market updated, but the most recent update more than doubled the storage required and it went and automatically updated all the apps I had said not to update (Maps, Gmail, Facebook, Backup Assistant, My Verizon). I instantly had low memory messages after this.

So first I uninstalled updates to the Market AND deleted the data for the program (do not open the app again), then I followed suit with the others. I now have plenty of space. BTW I emailed Google/Android about it and they said they would pass on my feedback, no solution was offered.

The reason I say don't open the Market app is because by opening it and using it, you are agreeing to automatic updating of that program, which in turn can update more. How do I get apps?? Amazon appstore for some, and so far, if I get an app pushed to my phone from the Android Market's webpage it appears to not be trying to update itself.

I don't miss anything with Maps, Gmail and Facebook. I actually disliked the latest Facebook update and most of the Maps updates add features I would never use.

I uninstalled the updates for Maps and I went from 6MB available storage to 16MB. That's ridiculous!!! I wish I could get rid of the junk verizon pushes to the phone without rooting it.

Android Jr Member RedDroid_lgally's Avatar
    This may be a fluke, or I missed something, but stick with me for a bit. I was noticing a performance lag on my phone and I couldn't seem to track it to a specific app. I had already rolled back the updates for some big pre-installed programs. I had about 20-25MB free based on my browser cache and my Email was hanging at around 1.5MB. I had some time on my hands and decided to do maybe try a factory reset. The only time I had done one was back when I installed Froyo. Not 100% why I did it, but I think a few users on here were suggesting it.

I got OTA update for 2.2.2 and I uninstalled the pre-app that the text message asked us to install. But I hadn't done a reset after the install. I didn't notice people talking about it and it seemed unnecessary since I went from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2, very incremental update. Before I did, I went through all the apps on my phone and recorded the storage used as well as each app that I had as I wanted to be 100% I was putting everything back. The Android Market seemed to be close, but not 100%.

So I did the reset, reformatted my SD card (I of course backed my stuff up) and went to work restoring everything. I got all the apps reinstalled, loaded up my gmail and email inboxes. The only thing that wasn't really the same as before were my text messages. I'm not a huge texter and I already had them set up before to keep the minimum in storage. Turns out, I had more like 55MB of storage free. I can't believe that my previous collection of messages was over 30MB. I went and used most of the apps and got them to where they looked to have about the same amount of data.

Maybe something was taking up a significant amount of storage on my phone as a remnant of the 2.2.2 installation, or there is something else that I'm missing. I could also be completely crazy??

In the last couple of weeks I have also started with a couple of apps that have stabilized my storage level. That is, when I go and check, it is always in a consistent range and I'm not having to keep going through all the apps to delete data or clear the caches.

1. Dolphin Browser HD. This one is nice in that you can set it to cache to your SD card, the app also can be moved to the SD card. It has worked really well for me. I also like that you can back up all of your bookmarks and settings to your SD card in case you need to reinstall the program (or are moving to a new phone). With caching everything to the SD card, my storage used on my phone keeps around 3.5MB. Less than the default browser was using for its cache.

2. FriendCaster. I used Facebook a fair amount and I really like this app as it seems to do everything the regular Facebook App does, while needing less storage. It's not perfect, and if you want to get rid of the tiny ads on the bottom, you have to pony up 5 bucks. Storage wise, app, data and cache, it takes up about 3.5MB on my phone. This storage, plus the dormant Facebook app (1.88MB) is still less than the storage required for the latest update to Facebook plus the additional data and cache.

So for now, I'm not running into storage problems on my phone. It still lags and freezes when I pull it out of the desk dock and after I have used the physical keyboard sending text messages. It's not the end of the world and I like enough other things about the phone that I won't throw it out the window anytime soon. If Verizon marketed a Nexus type phone, that could change, but that sure doesn't seem to be on the horizon.

Anyone else notice a difference in available storage after resetting and restoring your phone?

Same problem here, I went thru and uninstalled updates ,deleted apps that i hardly used and have 28mb of internal storage. all apps that can be moved to sd card are there. 3g of space on card that are useless. I got a smart phone so I could use it, looking foward to next may for my upgrade. I had a blocked text message due to low memory. any way to retrieve it after memory is restored?

Bactrim septra ds without prescription. Bactrim without a prescription or doctor

Providing people with most trusted and effective medications is what we do at our pharmacy! Purchase Bactrim Without Prescription Click Here To EnterBactrim Septrin overnight onlineBactrim shipped over night without a perscriptionBactrim in mexico without a perscriptionBactrim drug no perscription In Germany Bactrim shipped with no prescription In OH generic Bactrim onlinecheap Bactrim by money orderno prescription Bactrim Cystitis fedex deliveryonline pharmacy cod BactrimWhere to buy generic Bactrim online without a perscriptioncheap Bactrim overnight deliveryWhere to buy Bactrim ciplin ds no perscription no feesOvernight delivery of Bactrim 160/800 mgBactrim fedex without prescriptionBuy Bactrim ciplin ds no r x cheapBactrim no prescription cod In Czech Republic Bactrim online with next day shipping In Houston no prescription Bactrim overnight In Honolulu cheap Bactrim Septra salescod delivery Bactrim In Fort Worth Buy Bactrim Cystitis on line without a perscriptionBuy Bactrim 160/800 mg online canadian no scriptBactrim Traveler's Diarrhea from mexico without a perscriptionBuy Bactrim with no perscriptionBactrim from mexico without prescription In Cape Breton Regional Municipality Bactrim Traveler's Diarrhea ONLINE FEDEX COD FREE CONSULTBactrim bactrim ds cod acceptedBactrim shipped overnight no perscription In San Antonio Buy Bactrim from usa without a perscription In TX Bactrim bactrim ds for salebuy no prescription Bactrim trimethoprimBuying Bactrim without a scriptBactrim cod no prescriptioncheap Bactrim without prescription overnight delivery In Charlotte Buy Bactrim without a perscription In Phoenix Bactrim online cash on delivery In Utah Bactrim without a prescription canadian In Kingston-upon-Hull order Bactrim In NE cheapest Bactrim online In CA Bactrim generic cheapestbuy Bactrim online without dr approvalHow to get a Bactrim 160/800 mg perscriptionBuy Bactrim without a perscription online In Virginia Beach order Bactrim next day delivery In Indiana Bactrim Septra cod no prescription requiredBactrim Septrin orders codBactrim cheap no membershipcheap Bactrim for sale with no prescription requiredBactrim delivered cod fedexBactrim on line cash on deliverycash for Bactrim septra dsHow to get perscription of Bactrim ciplinBactrim 160/800 mg no scriptbuy Bactrim bactrim ds without perscriptionno prescription Bactrim with fedexBactrim no prescription codBactrim ciplin ds no perscription usa fedex shippingBactrim fedex deliveryhow to get a Bactrim prescription In Kirklees buy Bactrim overnight free deliveryBactrim Septrin without prescriptionbuy Bactrim no prescription codbuy Bactrim online prescriptionBactrim without a scriptBactrim cod saturday deliverycanadian prescriptions Bactrim In Timmins overnight delivery of Bactrim ciplinpurchase discount Bactrim Cystitis no rxBactrim sulfamethoxazole without a r xUs Bactrim fedexBactrim with overnight fedexbuy cheap Bactrim no PrescriptionWhere to buy cheap Bactrim 160/800 mg no perscriptionorder prescription free Bactrim sulfamethoxazoleordering Bactrim online without a prescription In Memphis No perscription BactrimBactrim trimethoprim non prescriptionBactrim free online doctor consultationgeneric Bactrim online In New York online Bactrim cod pharmacy In Greenstone non presciption BactrimBactrim pay by cod In Cleveland Non generic Bactrim septra ds no perscriptionBactrim online consultantOrder Bactrim without a perscription from us In Germany buy Bactrim overnight free delivery In Oklahoma buy Bactrim medication cod In Raleigh order Bactrim 80/400 mgovernight Bactrim ups cod In South Carolina Bactrim Bacterial Infections U.P.S SHIPPING CODBactrim free online doctor consultation In Virginia Beach buy Bactrim no prescription cod In Kansas City buy Bactrim cod deliveryBactrim online consultantBactrim cod saturday deliveryBactrim Septra no doctorBactrim fedex delivery In San Diego Buy Bactrim next day delivery In KY Buying Bactrim without a script In Nova Scotia cheap Bactrim prescriptions In Detroit Bactrim septra ds doctor buy Gleevec without a prescription overnight shipping. Gleevec no prescription drug In Tucson Nevirapine overnight fed ex, Nevirapine Antiviral online cash on deliverycheap Pro-Erex without prescription overnight delivery In Wirral , Pro-Erex c.o.d overnight delivery In OH Online perscription for Mefloquine Antibiotics, buy Mefloquine Lariam with no prescriptionBuy cheap Nebivolol no perscription, Nebivolol cheap fed ex delivery In Houston cod saturday Clarinex, Cheap Clarinex no scriptArjuna Triglycerides pay COD. Arjuna free fedex shippingbuy Diges Tea Indigestion no prescription needed. Diges Tea pay by cod In Miami Where can i buy Penis Growth Pills no perscription, Cheap Penis Growth Pills perscriptions In Halifax Regional Municipality cheap Cardura without a prescription In Kansas City , buy cheap Cardura In Dallas

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links