No sound at all

This is a discussion on No sound at all within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I can't figure this thing out right now. First noticed problem when I tried video. Couldn't get any sound. Then got a call. Answered and ...

Thread: No sound at all

Smile

I can't figure this thing out right now. First noticed problem when I tried video. Couldn't get any sound. Then got a call. Answered and I can't hear anything plus they can't hear me. I can go to the "sound" in the menu and hear everything fine but that's as far as it goes. When I get a call, I answer and everything looks like I answered the call. Push the "dialpad" button and it pops up, push mute and it lights up, but push "speaker" and get nothing. Video plays great but I have no sound. Any ideas on what's up?

Someone called last night and I answered. Get the call in progress page but its like the phone is dead. Texted the person later and was told that when I answered they couldn't hear me at all. And I couldn't hear them. If I place a call, just as soon as I hit "send" I have nothing even though the Call in progress page is open. I can't hear a ring or anything. While call is in progress the dial pad will come up fine, push "mute" and get the light, but press "speaker" and it won't even light up.

Someone help please. All my volumes are all the way up.
    Reality is for people with no imagination!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Did you use headphones before this problem started? I remember a couple of others having this problem after using headphones but I don't remember the solution. Please take the chance to look through older posts and see what you can find while you wait on others to answer your question.

I've seen this same issue on other forums for the Ally. Like Sherongb said, it is likely an issue with the headphone jack. There is a small set of contacts in the headphone jack that is susceptible to foreign material. The phone thinks that the headphones are plugged in when they are not. Some solutions are to try plugging/unplugging headphones multiple times, try spraying computer compressed air or cleaning the jack with contact cleaner. Others have even had a software issue where the only solution was a factory reset.

I've been reading replies. I never use headphones so hadn't thought about that. But after reading I asked my 10 year old and she told me she has used headphones on it to listen to music. Guess I'll check out that route now. Thanks for the replies.
    Reality is for people with no imagination!

Wired Headphone Routing Fix

There is an issue with a lot of Android devices where the OS thinks the headphone is being plugged in and unplugged on its own.

I have rooted 4.0.4 AOKP and it still occured.

Try this FREE application (no ads) to resolve it:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...honeroutingfix

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links