Only Plays Partial songs

This is a discussion on Only Plays Partial songs within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I have had the Pandora app on my Ally and it has worked well until recently, now it only plays partial songs. I have done ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sherongb

Thread: Only Plays Partial songs

Question Only Plays Partial songs

I have had the Pandora app on my Ally and it has worked well until recently, now it only plays partial songs. I have done everything that the Pandora tech had told me to do, but it still has not helped to correct the problem, so I removed the app from my phone. I downloaded a different radio app, and the same thing happens. Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a 'fix' to it? I suspect something on the Ally phone is interfering with the app working properly.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

From what I have read, Pandora done it on purpose for their free version. You only get to preview songs plus deal with their ads after every 5? previews. I got so fed up with it that I removed it from my phone. It used to be a good music app. I tried iHeartRadio but I don't like it and you have to login with a Facebook account to setup your own station. I went cold turkey on FB and disabled my account a month ago.
    Motorola Droid 4

I've never heard of that....this definitely sounds like it is" phone specific" with the Ally, as I've been using Pandora's free version (almost daily) for the past year now on my Fascinate and have never had this "preview" issue. It plays full songs for me and I only get a 15sec commercial about every 45 minutes. I also use iheart Radio regularly with no problems, I don't use Facebook and & have never needed it to log into this radio app. Hopefully someone can offer a solution to your problem. Good luck!

tap'n
    Last edited by CR6; 11-19-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Yea sadly this could be *phone specific* as I had Slacker and Pandora when I first got my phone back in April 2010 and they worked great for a few months until the partial song thing started happening...with each music app - now i just drag & drop a playlist frm my computer when I want to listen to music w/o having to stop - otherwise I will browse youtube for tunes

I don't think it's specific to the Ally...I have the Incredible and have been using Pandora for 2 years now with no issues. Then, suddenly, last week it started skipping songs halfway through...ironically, immediately after an update was pushed down to my phone. I'm also a paying subscriber to Pandora. My wife uses the free version on her Droid 2 and it doesn't skip at all. I tried everything to no avail...extremely frustrated over this.

Sorry, but it is not phone specific. Just go to the Market and look at the reviews. You will see complaint after complaint for all types of phones.
    Motorola Droid 4

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    That problem is usually associated with poor data connections not allowing the songs to finish downloading, so it errors out and skips to the next song. Keep updating the app whenever you can and try to find a stronger Wi-Fi signal if using Wi-Fi/find a better location to put the phone if on 3G.

Usually -- it may be a firmware problem instead of a data connection problem.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

You know, I liked this board better when it was just for people with LG Ally phones.I could see it being a poor data connection if it only happened occasionally. I live in the country and work in a major city. A one way trip for me usually takes 1 1/2 hours. There are spots along the route where I can't get a good connection and apps like Pandora do cut out.The issue with the songs skipping had nothing to do with a poor data connection. Pandora made an update that messed up a lot of phones and not just the LG Ally. A song would only play for about 30 seconds before going to the next song. The time it took to skip to the next song was the same each time. On top of that, the ads would still play after every 5 songs even though you didn't get to listen to the full song.As far as firmware goes, the LG Ally hasn't been updated in a long time and propably will never see another update.So by process of elimination, it was Pandor's software that was the issue.I re-installed it yesterday and it does appear that they did fix the issue. I tried iHeart but didn't care for it.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by allyAndroid View Post
    You know, I liked this board better when it was just for people with LG Ally phones.
    I do understand your feelings about the move. From my point of view it was a good thing even though now we are a small part of the Android family. I see a lot less spam on this board, on a daily basis on the other board we had 4 or 5 times as many spam messages as legit messages. And it's a lot easier to ban spammers here. Also there are more moderators sharing the monitoring and helping people which is another good thing. So while I do understand your feelings about wanting to focus on the Ally I am pleased with having a niche for the Ally in this larger community.
    furbearingmammal likes this.

HTC Sensation 4G, have 3 bars on 4G, also tried wireless. Having the same issue.

Updated Pandora, rebooted phone, tried it with and without wireless - still only plays about 20 seconds of a song.

Used to work just fine and for over a year at this same location (my desk at work).

I fixed this problem by installing Slacker Radio. Maybe I'll try Pandora again if Slacker pisses me off.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links