Different Ringtones (songs) for different "contacts"?

This is a discussion on Different Ringtones (songs) for different "contacts"? within the LG Ally Tutorials & FAQ's forums, part of the LG Ally category; OK my next question... How do I assign a specific ringtone/song for different incoming calls that are coming in from people in my contacts list? ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Different Ringtones (songs) for different "contacts"?

OK my next question... How do I assign a specific ringtone/song for different incoming calls that are coming in from people in my contacts list? And shouldn't the pictures I have attached to each contact's profile show up when that person calls my phone?

Example, When Jim Smith calls me from Vegas, my old phone would ring "Leaving Las Vegas.mp3" and a photo would appear on the screen.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Contacts -> choose contact -> menu key -> options -> ringtone

I'm assuming ... I've only had my phone a couple days and haven't gotten a call from anyone I use custom ringtones for, heh.

You were right Newbie - Weird how they made a separate smaller "options" menu rather than putting it in the normal "edit contact" area (along with photo, numbers, etc.)

Thanks!

Helpful Hint: Any MP3 song you have in your library can be used for a contact's incoming ringtone. While in the music library, the menu key will allow you to set whatever song you are on as your own ringtone. By doing this, it will add the song to the phone's available ring-tone list. You will eventually have to go back into the ringtone menu to reset your default ringtone, but now you will see your MP3 is there also mixed in with the other standard tones.

i just got my ally and this forum is hopefully gonna be my ally for idiots because i can't find anything that will let me set ringtones to the message alert i have some ringtones i made and sent to my phone but can only use them for the ringtone i want the messages to use them too any answers

Get Ringdroid from the market.

That's how you do it. I just got mine and couldn't figure out to do it. This is a really helpful website. Thanks :-)

CONTACTS > CHOOSE CONTACT > MENU KEY > OPTIONS > RIGNTONE

I just got the ally and trying to figure things out. This website is great. Thanks

Off-topic ... but not really: You will find elsewhere in this forum a thread or two of users (myself included) complaining that their ringtones just DON'T WORK ... period. They'll work for awhile, after a complete "reboot" of the phone ... but then they'll just stop. (The PHONE ringtone doesn't fail, but ringtones set for notifications DO.) We're hoping version 2.2 resolves this; if it doesn't, there's gonna be a whole bunch of very ticked-off users!

Hmmm, when I did this to set a ringtone for my daughter, all calls came through with what I set as her ringtone.....anyone else experience this?

i was wondering about this myself. This site is so useful!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads