Clearing Search history in Market Place

This is a discussion on Clearing Search history in Market Place within the LG Ally Tutorials & FAQ's forums, part of the LG Ally category; How do I clear the history there? Clearing the cache in the settings/app/manage apps area doesn't do it. I don't need to see every app ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clearing Search history in Market Place

How do I clear the history there? Clearing the cache in the settings/app/manage apps area doesn't do it. I don't need to see every app subject I have previously searched for, and why waste the space?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Go to the market and download "History Eraser". Quick and simple to use.

Once open, select "Google apps" to clear the Market History.

Nick

Thank you for the post because I was wondering the same thing about clearing the market search history.

You're welcome. I'm just trying to jump into the forum with both feet and help out where I can.

Will that app also clear the browser history? Clicking on the clear cache and clear history under settings for the browser does not work.

I do a lot of banking online and this is a problem is I lose my phone and someone could access my accounts by clicking on the back key.
    Motorola Droid 4

Yes, it also clears the browser history.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Will that app also clear the browser history? Clicking on the clear cache and clear history under settings for the browser does not work.

I do a lot of banking online and this is a problem is I lose my phone and someone could access my accounts by clicking on the back key.

OFF TOPIC, BUT RELEVANT:

The nice thing is that most banks use something called sessions, which is only an unique temporary ID that their servers check to see who you are. They don't typically store any data that could indicate who your log in ID or password. And the sessions usually expire after a few minutes of inactivity. You get a new session ID every time you log in. (I realize this is a very simplified explanation.) Another thing is to log out every time you are done banking. (A good habit to be in on any device.)

It isn't an issue with the session, I just tried it again to make sure I did logout and end my session.

Here is what I did:

Opened the browser.

Navigated to my banking account.

Logged in.

Checked my account.

Logged out. (This takes me back to the main login page.)

Went into the browser settings and cleared history and cache.

Closed the browser.

Re-Opened the browser.

When the browser was re-opened, it was still on the login page for my bank. Hit the back key and got to a page that said the transaction could not be completed. Hit the back key again and I was asked if I wanted to resubmit my data. I clicked yes and I was logged back into my account without having to enter my ID and Password. Tried it a couple more times and once it didn't even ask me to resubmit my data, it just logged me back in the first time I hit the back key. Another time, I waited a half hour and tried it. I got an error saying that my session had expired. Hit the back key again and it asked me if I wanted to resubmit my data. Click Yes and I was back into my account.

I also downloaded the app mentioned above and it didn't make any difference. I still like the app because it has all of the clean up options in one location and other than this one issue it works great.

It would be nice to know if anyone else can replicate this because then I would know if it is just my phone or not. If it is just my phone, I need to get them to replace it. If it can be replicated, I won't be able to use my phone to check any of my accounts which is one of the main reasons I upgraded. My last phone wouldn't let me login to my bank account.

Motorola Droid 4

I just tried one last test.

I hit the back key until the browser closed because there were no more pages to return to then I went back in and cleared my cache and history. Now my bank account information is no longer there. Which means that I will have to back out of everything before I can clean and close the browser. I am still not sure if the information is really gone or not but at least someone can't access it by hitting the back button.

Motorola Droid 4

That is odd, considering you said you cleared your browser cache. Are you sure you did it correctly? In the browser, Menu Key/More/Settings/Clear Cache is what appears to be the correct menu sequence.

Also clear your cookies: Menu Key/More/Settings/Clear Cookies

And Form Data: Menu Key/More/Settings/Clear Form Data

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links