Keyboard dying or some messed up setting?,...acting strange?

This is a discussion on Keyboard dying or some messed up setting?,...acting strange? within the LG Ally Tutorials & FAQ's forums, part of the LG Ally category; Hi everyone, I have had my ally for 3 weeks now. But my keyboard is starting to act weird. Whenever I press certain letters, either ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keyboard dying or some messed up setting?,...acting strange?

Hi everyone,

I have had my ally for 3 weeks now. But my keyboard is starting to act weird.

Whenever I press certain letters, either nothing happens or I go to some application.

For instance, when I press B nothing happens, doesn't show up.

When I press L I go to the calendar. E goes to email setup. Y to youtube.

I think this is a "bad" setting somewhere, but I can't find it.

Thanks for any help.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This happened to my wifes, but I don't remember what she did to fix it. I'll ask, but in the mean time, your search button isn't pressed down or stuck is it?

Also, similar to computers, you need to reboot from time to time, IMO.

Okay, she cleared her quick launches to fix her problem.

From the home screen, menu, settings, applications, quick launch, and then press and hold down on one of the q.launches, it will then ask if you want to clear it. It may be a work around, but hope it helps.

Make sure you're not pressing the "Search" Key... What you are seeing is the keyboard "Quick Launch" feature... When you press the "Search" key + a letter a user defined application will launch. Like Search+b = Browser and Search+C= Contacts...

If this is what you are seeing then possibly the search key is stuck in the down position. Check to see if you can get it to release, if not, and if a Reboot doesn't help, then you'll have to get the phone looked at.

Android Lurker ilikehalo2@gmail.com's Avatar
    Okay, so I have had this specific LG Ally for about 3 days now. It all started out about two weeks ago when I upgraded my phone to the LG Ally. Sometimes, when using the slide-out keyboard when I'm texting, it'll act like I'm not texting and make the keys shortcuts. So replying to a text saying "Okay", it'll go to YouTube because I hit the letter Y. This does this with other keys (E for email, etc). I took my phone into Verizon where I got it, and they said they've never heard of this, so they gave me a brand new phone. It started doing it again, so I took it in (again!) yesterday, and some guy put up a virus scan, messed with the settings, and did some other stuff. It didn't work, because this morning it started doing it again! Does anyone know a fix for this?? Please help!

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Strange. Shortcuts are activated by pressing Search plus another button (search + Y for youtube etc) so I would say it seems like your search button is just jammed or stuck, but it's strange that it's happened on both phones that they've given you. Obviously make sure you aren't accidentally pressing the search key while you type. If nothing else, go to Settings > Applications > Quick Launch and turn off all the keyboard shortcuts, maybe then nothing will activate on accident.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Android Lurker ilikehalo2@gmail.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmetalbuick View Post
    Strange. Shortcuts are activated by pressing Search plus another button (search + Y for youtube etc) so I would say it seems like your search button is just jammed or stuck, but it's strange that it's happened on both phones that they've given you. Obviously make sure you aren't accidentally pressing the search key while you type. If nothing else, go to Settings > Applications > Quick Launch and turn off all the keyboard shortcuts, maybe then nothing will activate on accident.

Thanks!!

Has anyone come across a real fix for this(that is one that does not involve disabling quick launch keys)?

It seems like I noticed it a couple weeks ago, then it went a way and now it's back for the last couple days. no idea what I did. search key doesnt appear to be stuck...

Hi All,

I know it's been a while, but i think I figured this out. While typing we are probably hitting the search key ( the magnifying glass). Hitting the key seems to make this stop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links