sending video

This is a discussion on sending video within the LG Ally Tutorials & FAQ's forums, part of the LG Ally category; i just got my ally and took a ten sec video and when i go to menu and share and try to send by text ...

Thread: sending video

i just got my ally and took a ten sec video and when i go to menu and share and try to send by text message it says my message has reached its limit and cant be sent. this is a ten sec video, i dont understand. any help is appreciated.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sorry, messaging can only send the lowest resolution video. You can email the one you took if that helps.

If you want to send a video via text message, start with the messaging app instead of the video app.

1. Open the messaging app.
    2. Touch New Message.
    3. Push the menu button.
    4. Touch Attach.
    5. Touch Capture Video.
    6. Start your recording.
    7. End your recording.
    8. Choose who you want to send the video to.
    9. Touch Send.
    By going this route, the video will be the correct resolution and time limit (which is 60 seconds).

The same holds true if you take a picture with the camera and are unable to text it to someone. Just use the messaging app and choose Capture Picture.
    Motorola Droid 4

I've had the same problem Steph....I was wondering the exact same thing....

With everything this phone can do, I find it amazing and a bit ridiculous that you can't send a video message after you've taken one. And if you actually think about setting up a text message and adding a video BEFORE you record it, it can only be a minute long? I love this phone...but as far as this subject, every single other phone I've had has been easier to deal with. I was kind of hoping that there was just something wrong with my actual phone...not the brand itself...oh well!

Quote Originally Posted by TaraDuggan View Post
    I've had the same problem Steph....I was wondering the exact same thing....

With everything this phone can do, I find it amazing and a bit ridiculous that you can't send a video message after you've taken one. And if you actually think about setting up a text message and adding a video BEFORE you record it, it can only be a minute long? I love this phone...but as far as this subject, every single other phone I've had has been easier to deal with. I was kind of hoping that there was just something wrong with my actual phone...not the brand itself...oh well!

The problem is not the phone its the protocol for MMS messaging. Text messaging is not designed to transfer large files. Most regular (non smartohones) cell phones wont even be able to use a .3gp video anyhow.

The sooner the cell phone market eliminates text messaging protocols all together the better because most of the consumers do no understand the limitations that are inherently built in.

To have an android phone you have to have a email address. As for the your issue just use the recommended method or use email and you will be fine.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links