Saving ringtones/sounds on phone

This is a discussion on Saving ringtones/sounds on phone within the LG Ally Tutorials & FAQ's forums, part of the LG Ally category; How you save ring tones or sounds from a text message? I had customized some ring tones off of phonezoo.. but I can't seem to ...

Thread: Saving ringtones/sounds on phone

How you save ring tones or sounds from a text message? I had customized some ring tones off of phonezoo.. but I can't seem to figure out how to save it to my sounds or ringtones. I've tried holding down on the text message where it shows the play button..and all it has for options lock message, view slideshow, copy attached to SD card..etc

Nothing works.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I believe you need to copy it to your SD card and then setup from there. Any new music must be set as your default ringtone first, then change it to whatever contact you want and adjust your default back.

Go here for music to ringtones: http://www.lgallyforums.com/topic/16...tone-messages/

Quote Originally Posted by Nee View Post
    How you save ring tones or sounds from a text message? I had customized some ring tones off of phonezoo.. but I can't seem to figure out how to save it to my sounds or ringtones. I've tried holding down on the text message where it shows the play button..and all it has for options lock message, view slideshow, copy attached to SD card..etc

Nothing works.

An other option could be an app called Zedge. There's an app on Marketplace too, it allows you to browse from the phone or the computer, but you can assign tones to people directly at the download page from the app. This is my first smartphone so I've really been going bonkers with it. If nothing else you could copy the files you want to the site and use the app to do it. There are quite a few really fun ones. Some nice wallpapers and txt notifications too. Hope this is a helpful for someone.

Cheers
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

When you look at the message that shows the icon to press on to play the ringtone, press and hold on the colored background next to the icon. Message options should pop up and press Save As Ringtone.

I figured out how to set the tones sent by text for contacts, but how do I set the ringtones for the general phone ringer, and not the contacts?

having an issue with ringtones from phonezoo myself. phonezoo sent me the text, and i followed the above posters instructions on saving it to the SD card. when i do, i get this message: The application Messaging (process com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedy. Please try again.

I have saved other files to the SD card, so i don't think it is an issue with the card or the phone. any ideas? thanks

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links