The Definitive SD Folder Structure

This is a discussion on The Definitive SD Folder Structure within the LG Ally Tutorials & FAQ's forums, part of the LG Ally category; Just go ahead and delete them. They are just temp files and do not contain any data. I had 7 and deleted them without any ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Definitive SD Folder Structure

Just go ahead and delete them. They are just temp files and do not contain any data. I had 7 and deleted them without any issues.

Nobody seems to know exactly how they are created. Some think it is when you download something and the download is interrupted.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by amazinz5 View Post
    does anyone know what diskcacheindex is? i have 3 files on my sd card that arent in folders and they're bugging me but i wanna make sure theyre not important before i get rid of them.

They are from Apps that don't clean up after themselves. I remove them. They are auto-generated and will return. I assume they are cache for an app and therefore safe to remove.

ok so i'm super noob to smart phones, but i do know how to hook my ally to the computer via usb cable, and i know how to locate the spot where my ally is on my computer, just to be sure you are saying i can tweak the folders that show up there on my computer? is there a more descriptive thread on hooking your ally to the computer? like file sharing for dummies? ha ha i know i need to do some clean up, i keep getting "running out of space" messages, even though i've deleted SEVERAL apps.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderlandPrincess View Post
    ok so i'm super noob to smart phones, but i do know how to hook my ally to the computer via usb cable, and i know how to locate the spot where my ally is on my computer, just to be sure you are saying i can tweak the folders that show up there on my computer? is there a more descriptive thread on hooking your ally to the computer? like file sharing for dummies? ha ha i know i need to do some clean up, i keep getting "running out of space" messages, even though i've deleted SEVERAL apps.

nevermind, ignore the idiot behind the curtain!!! sometimes u just have to look around gather as much information as possible and take a leap of faith that those who have come before you know what they are talking about. what do ya know. i hooked my phone up to my computer found the drive consisting of my phone, and made some folders, deleted some stuff and added some music to my phone. also think free helped me to integrate what i was doing on the computer with what i wanted to do with the files after i added them to my phone. what do ya know. i'm becoming smarter with my smart phone!! yay me!! thanks a ton for those who have asked questions and those who have answered!

Quote Originally Posted by WonderlandPrincess View Post

Just as an FYI, if you are getting a "Out of Space" message it is normally referring to the memory on the phone and not the SD Card.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Just as an FYI, if you are getting a "Out of Space" message it is normally referring to the memory on the phone and not the SD Card.

Memory or storage space ...aren't they two different things on this phone???

I have always read that the Android platform was good at managing memory and swapping things out in the RAM depending on your most frequently used apps.... I just had to reset my phone the other day because of low space notifications and my test message memory being full even after I deleted all the message threads. I am not challenging you ...I just want to learn more about that notification in case it happens to me again and how the phone works. I started this thread earlier today please check it out http://www.lgallyfor...-keep-on-phone/ any input would be appreciated!

For the Ally I think the two are the same.

I would disagree that Android was good at managing memory. If it was we wouldn't have 1/2 the problems we do have.

But this thread is more about the SD card so I will post a link in your other thread to the info you need.
    Motorola Droid 4

Memory : Storage Space :: Alzheimer : Senility

There is RAM and Storage. There is a learning curve for this. You'll get it. I know just by your inquiry. Check out how to read the info at the bottom of the "Running Services" screen here in the forums.

Android Lurker Rachelle Sturdivant's Avatar
    Please help I am going crazy...my phone won't show my gmail notificiation and keep saying space low. I am scare to delete ort manage anything and don't know anything about transfering to my sd card...Please help!!!

The Space Low message is referring to the space on the phone. Remove cache and clear histories. Search "Cache" in the forums. Those posts explain more.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links