The Definitive SD Folder Structure

This is a discussion on The Definitive SD Folder Structure within the LG Ally Tutorials & FAQ's forums, part of the LG Ally category; when i gave my phone a system update i tryed adding music onto it from my windows media player and i cant seem how to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Definitive SD Folder Structure

when i gave my phone a system update i tryed adding music onto it from my windows media player and i cant seem how to figure it out. could you help explain this?

Connect the phone to the computer with the USB cable and touch Mount on the Phone. This will allow your computer to use your SD Card as a removable disk. (NOTE: Always remember to Unmount before removing the USB cable.)

Go to your Music (I assume in "My Music" but the source folder could be anywhere), and Move/Drag the folder with music in it to the "SD Card/Media/Music" folder (the SD Card is called "Removable Disk" when you go to "My Computer," or will have a letter drive +1 letter to your current drives (so if you have a C:Drive and a D:Drive, the SD Card will be E:Drive, etc.). If the "Media/Music" folders are not already on the SD Card, use your computer to create those folders (Rt-click > New > Folder).

That's it. Your music should copy over. Each folder within the Music folder should be listed as an album in the Music App.

Windows Media Player does not "sync" music over to your phone.

What file format do the ringtones and notifications need to be? I notice that the facebook notification is m4a. Do they all need to be m4a?

'is a sdhc card compatible with the ally even though the spec language only says a micro sd card?'.

Quote Originally Posted by mwn3d View Post
    What file format do the ringtones and notifications need to be? I notice that the facebook notification is m4a. Do they all need to be m4a?

They do not have to be m4a. Mine are all MP3 and they work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by tnt View Post
    'is a sdhc card compatible with the ally even though the spec language only says a micro sd card?'.

Yes, SDHC cards work. I have a 16Gb micro SDHC card in my Ally. I have read that 32Gb cards don't work and I have read that they do work. I haven't tried one to verify this though. Supposedly, class 6 is as high as the Ally can utilize. Mine is a class 4, but I don't notice any issues with it.

The manual list 16MB in one spot and 32MB in another so I asked LG which one it was and they said 16MB but a 32MB should work but they wouldn't guarantee it.

The class ratings are a bit more confusing. I just bought a SanDisk Extreme Pro SDHC for my Kodak Max and it is a Class 1 but is supposed to be faster than the Class 10. For the Ally, a class 4 is standard.
    Motorola Droid 4

Now that KitKat is here, I think it's time to take the word "definitive" out of the title of this topic as this folder structure is now unreliable. So much for the concept of backwards compatibility.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links