Internal Memory Puzzle

This is a discussion on Internal Memory Puzzle within the LG Ally Tutorials & FAQ's forums, part of the LG Ally category; Riddle me this,..when I browse the following path: Settings>Applications>Running services, at the bottom of the screen I see a reference to internal memory that states ...

Thread: Internal Memory Puzzle

Riddle me this,..when I browse the following path: Settings>Applications>Running services, at the bottom of the screen I see a reference to internal memory that states "Avail:9.6 MB in 6 Other:75MB in 8"!! WTH?? I'm assuming this has something to do with the applications using the available (remaining) memory. These factors change as I watch them so somethings turning off & on continuosly. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance. (My first post anywhere, ever! With any luck I'll find it again to see if there are any replys.)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Ok, so I post this topic and find that the answer is already posted in another area "Question about memory"

Ally Android said "My phone currently says: Avail: 31 MB + 28 MB in 9 on the left side and Other: 73 MB in 6 on the right side.

What this means is that I have 31 MB of free RAM (memory not currently being used by any app) and 28 MB of RAM that is being used in 9 apps but can be made available by Android if it is needed. I also have 73 MB of RAM being used by 6 applications that cannot be made available.

So the helpful folks are already ahead of me! FML

Well, I was gonna say,..."AA already answered that" .....

Now, I hafta go over there and say,..."mdouglase already answered that",...

You guys sure keep the moderator busy,...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links