Tethering, Hotspot or Mobile Broadband straight answers?

This is a discussion on Tethering, Hotspot or Mobile Broadband straight answers? within the LG Ally Tutorials & FAQ's forums, part of the LG Ally category; I see Barnacle Wifi Legacy, Barnacle Wifi Tether (paid) and Barnacle Wifi Tether (free) in the market....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tethering, Hotspot or Mobile Broadband straight answers?

I see Barnacle Wifi Legacy, Barnacle Wifi Tether (paid) and Barnacle Wifi Tether (free) in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    Not yet. Hotspot capability is supposed to be supported when we get the elusive 2.2 upgrade (AKA Froyo, for Frozen Yogurt). Some have reported Verizon tries to interfere with strongly suggested mention of paying them for the use, but that can be bypassed from what I have read. With our current 2.1 software, it is possible to tether a computer to the phone to get the computer to connect to the Internet. But, of course, the phone can only be connected to one device this way. Search "PDANet" or "tethering" in the forums for more about that. (I think those would give you the right info.)

Mobile broadband, though it may use 3G service, is really referring to that card one would put in their laptop to get a connection anywhere. It is a dedicated connection to a wireless server (and too damn expensive IMO).

I have used pda.net and easytether both fail with modem driver for lg ally usb modem drivers not found. pda.net never installs on the computer and easynet never shows the connection button or anything but a question mark in the control panel.

Is there a questions there ftpex?

Did you download the driver? There is a link here in the forums. Try a search. I even pinned it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links