How to Replace Your Digitizer - LG Ally

This is a discussion on How to Replace Your Digitizer - LG Ally within the LG Ally Tutorials & FAQ's forums, part of the LG Ally category; It is clearly the DIgitizer that I need. I just wasn't sure how it looks without the casing. I thought perhaps the seller wasn't calling ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to Replace Your Digitizer - LG Ally

It is clearly the DIgitizer that I need. I just wasn't sure how it looks without the casing. I thought perhaps the seller wasn't calling it the right thing, or thought perhaps the LCD came with a replacement Digitizer.

Thanks. I have to keep looking. I might just order a replacement Ally from ebay for parts. The digitizers so far are mad expensive. Hard to rectify when my phone was free.

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    It is clearly the DIgitizer that I need. I just wasn't sure how it looks without the casing. I thought perhaps the seller wasn't calling it the right thing, or thought perhaps the LCD came with a replacement Digitizer.

Thanks. I have to keep looking. I might just order a replacement Ally from ebay for parts. The digitizers so far are mad expensive. Hard to rectify when my phone was free.

The previous poster is correct, the outer glass casing is what you need, not what you linked. The seller who I bought my digitizer from no longer has the item available it seems. I did a search for "lg ally digitizer" and there was one result for around $100, which is way more than the $33.99 that I paid. Your idea of buying a used phone might have to be the way to go for you unfortunately.

I have my fingers crossed for an auction that ends Sunday. Did you see those crackheads who are selling them for $9990.00? Other direct sales sites are mostly sold out, too.

I finally ordered one I think is reasonably priced. This one. $33.99 + free shipping was the best I could find. It comes from Hong Kong so now I need patience. I figure it must be the same one mentioned.

BTW, in my bids for a replacement Ally for parts, even the broken Ally phones are selling for $60 to $80. "Mint condition" Ally phones are going for $100 to $150.

I finally ordered one I think is reasonably priced. This one. .99 + free shipping was the best I could find. It comes from Hong Kong so now I need patience. I figure it must be the same one mentioned.

BTW, in my bids for a replacement Ally for parts, even the broken Ally phones are selling for to . "Mint condition" Ally phones are going for 0 to 0.

That is the one I bought. Same seller. I got it at my door in California in exactly one week. Can't tell the difference between this one and old one. I am sure you will be quite happy with it!

1 week is good to read. The auction says Mar 8 to 21 for shipping but I assume that is for the whiners. I have faith. The after-payment, E-mail response was (sic) "Our hours are 1000 to 2100, Monday through Friday. We'll send it when we are back." (Confirm @ 2:34pm Friday so in Hong Kong the workers are home already). I am glad you reported yours took a week because 10 to 14 days should be enough...

I screwed it up! Right at the last step, trying to lift the LCD Display away to get to the Digitizer I ripped a connection on the LCD unit, so now I will order that one I posted above. I reassembled it anyway and the phone rings, etc. but it no longer displays anything. A new LCD display could fix it.

Meanwhile, I ordered a used blackberry because it was cheapest. Once I have a working phone, I will try to fix my Ally.

The weirdest part is that the digitizer only came with the glass. There was no casing and I was surprised to find out that the glass is only glued onto the front. Oh well, live and learn.

I screwed it up! Right at the last step, trying to lift the LCD Display away to get to the Digitizer I ripped a connection on the LCD unit, so now I will order that one I posted above. I reassembled it anyway and the phone rings, etc. but it no longer displays anything. A new LCD display could fix it.

Meanwhile, I ordered a used blackberry because it was cheapest. Once I have a working phone, I will try to fix my Ally.

The weirdest part is that the digitizer only came with the glass. There was no casing and I was surprised to find out that the glass is only glued onto the front. Oh well, live and learn.

Sorry to read of your misfortune. I once had similar bad luck where a very thin digitizer layer I was replacing accidentally broke the corner off while trying to snap it into the bezel on re-assembly. Quickest $75 loss I ever endured.

Just a comment to possibly help the fellow who lost proximity sensor action:

From what I have read, the proximity sensor is implemented with the 3 "led-looking" little round windows in that 'notch' in the upper right corner of the Ally screen. I read of some who found it to be disabled simply because they allowed their screen film to accidentally cover those 3 'dots'. You might want to check and make sure they are unobstructed. I presume there may also be an electrical connection to them, if they happen to hold components stuck on the display bezel itself, so it would need to be re-connected during the repair process.

Thank you so much. The instructions were fantastic and the visuals helped very much! It worked and the phone works just like new..Phew,,Am i glad! I broke the phone for my husband. I am instructed not to touch it anymore, but now, we know it can be fixed. Thank you again!

How do I remove thedigitizer itself from the frame? Can anyone help here, as I've just ordered one WITHOUT the frame and would rather not have to buy another...

Every teardown/tutorial I find uses the digitizer with frame.
    Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LG-C710h using Android.net

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links